Recent Posts

jmhmr
on 12/8/04 8:54 am - Mosinee, WI
Topic: RE: How many grams of carbs daily???
Thanks for the breakdown. I was wondering the same thing. Janelle
Sheryl E.
on 12/8/04 5:16 am - Omaha, NE
Topic: RE: MONTHLY ROLL CALL??
I agree- great idea! I always check this board, so much support pre-op. Sheryl (with an S) LOL 288/248/150 OPEN BPD/DS 10/5/04
debi327
on 12/8/04 4:39 am - Henderson, TX
Topic: RE: Regressing
Tami, Yes, I had the same problem. Yesterday I went and had mine dilated. I suggest you get this done as soon as you can. I got to where I couldn't even drink my juice, but as soon as I got away from the hospital. (it is an outpatient procedure) I ATE FOOD and it stayed down. I see that you live in Jacksonville, TX. I want to encourage you to use Dr. Gary Boyd for the procedure. They sedated me and I don't remember a thing about it. No pain was involved. He is great. He works at the Olympic Plaza of East Texas Medical Center and his number is 903-592-4460. I am an RN and I can tell you he is wonderful... Get it done now though, you don't need to wait until you can't get any fluid in. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions about this procedure.
Rachella U.
on 12/8/04 12:09 am - Grants Pass, OR
Hi Sheryl, Thanks so much for your helpful post. I was worried that I might be taking in too many carbs, but it seems like I am on the right track. I also stay away from pasta, breads, sugars, etc. I do have some Melba Toast crackers sometimes with some cheese for a change of pace - never too many at one time though. I do wish that I could eat salads and fruits, but that is still a month or so away according to my doc's rules. Before surgery and after I had my daughter, I have been unable to eat salads because they hurt my stomach too much. I am hoping that this might have changed since surgery, so I am anxious to give them a try when they are allowed. I can see where it would be hard to take in 800 calories! I do use fitday.com and love it! Thanks again. Rachella
Sheryl in So Cali
on 12/7/04 10:42 pm - San Clemente, CA
Rachella Of course, all surgeons are different. My doc told me: between 800 - 1000 cals a day carbs - below 40 g a day protein - 60 - 90 g a day liquids - 64 oz a day minimum I have been pretty close to these numbers, except I do not think I have hit 800 cals a day. Shoot, with all the water, who has time to eat! Do you use www.fitday.com? I is a great free program that tracks your daily intake. At first it is a bit confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it is a breeze. Sheryl
jencripps
on 12/7/04 10:08 pm - Allen Park, MI
Topic: RE: Did you tell your co-workers??
Wow, did you have complications since you have been out for a year???
JoannM
on 12/7/04 3:39 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Topic: RE: I'm not having good luck!
Hi Tina - Hang in there.. It will get better! I will be praying for you. I know it's hard at this time, but try and think of youself down the road.. next year at Christmas time - shopping for a special dress to wear.. NOT in the plus size dept! And to make you feel better - I am 7 weeks post op and have only lost 23 lbs! You are beating the tar out of me in that dept. You are doing great. I envy your weight loss. Feel better! Hugs Joann
Rachella U.
on 12/7/04 2:53 pm - Grants Pass, OR
Topic: How many grams of carbs daily???
Hi everyone! Today I am 7 weeks post-op and down 37.5 lbs. Unfortunately I have been at a standstill for 8 days but I am hoping that will change. I get my fluids in (at least almost all of them), I do pretty good with getting in all 50 g of protein and I exercise when my migraines allow me to, so I guess it will happen sometime soon. I have not gone above 600 calories and my fat grams are pretty low, but my questions is..........how many carbs should we take in daily? I am always wondering how much is too much. Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much. Rachella
ATOUSA M.
on 12/7/04 2:47 pm - IRVINE, CA
Topic: RE: OCTOBER ROLL CALL
HI I FEEL LIKE I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I AM EATING EVERYTHING AND FEEL LIKE I SHOULDN,T BE DOING THAT. I AM DOWN TO 236. 266.50/236
ATOUSA M.
on 12/7/04 2:41 pm - IRVINE, CA
Topic: RE: MONTHLY ROLL CALL??
i think it's a great idea. i feel like i am doing somthing wrong. i am already eating everything and feel like i shouldn't. this will help a lot to see how much everybody is loosing and what they are eating. i will post every wk. 266.50/236
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1096 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 577 views