Recent Posts

blkcloud38
on 10/20/08 2:17 am - Riverside, CA
Topic: RE: Any Advice? Stuck at 212 lbs.
Hi
   I used to hit plateus. I learned in fat class what to do.  water,water,water, I hated regular exercise. So I take my dog on walks. We both enjoy it. Plus I'm 4 years out and still drink protein shakes. Now I'm to thin. I only weigh 104 pounds. So good luck you can do it.
blkcloud38
blkcloud38
on 10/20/08 2:11 am - Riverside, CA
Topic: RE: Long time gone
 Hi, you look faimler to me. I wonder if I know you?  I'm down to 104 pounds. That was my normal weight. I gained mine with a child. I countinued to take my medicine. It was for a fat person. So I OD. was dead twice at Kaiser and have lost my short and long term memory. I guess I even had a boyfriend I don't remember. My ex is stuck taking care of me. He is at my nice home. The man drives me crazy. Just always be careful when taking meds. I'm from Riverside. If you think I may know you. let me know where you are from. kk.
tinktee
on 10/20/08 1:33 am - Spanaway, WA
Topic: checking in
Hi everyone, I wanted to check in and let you know that I'm doing fine and very happy with the results of my cosmetic surgery. My weight is a little higher then what I want but I still look good. ~smiling~ I was down to a size 4 and I looked too skinny but now I'm in an 8 and look like I have curves. I still fight with craving sugar but know what happens if I eat too much.  I hope everyone is doing great too! Terry
SPICECYN
on 9/22/08 8:54 am - Decatur, GA
Topic: RE: Gastric Bypass and 3.5 years later considering Lapband
Hey Sweetie,

It appears that you have lot a tremendous amount of weight ( wonderful job ) I am just wondering why you are now considering the lap band for addtional weight loss- is it that you cant loose any more?  I am asking because I am about 3 years out ( it will be in October ) and I have been @ 170-165 for about a year- is there nothing else we can do to loose?  I would like to get down about 10-20 pounds.  I have lost a total of about 85 pounds.  

Keep in touch
Facinated to know.

SpiceCYN
heather0824
on 9/9/08 7:51 am - Glendale, AZ
Topic: Checking in, it's been awhile
I am almost 4 years past my surgery - Oct 29, 2004 and within 10 pounds of the original weight I lost.  Feeling great!  Will check in again. Bye.
Molly S.
on 6/4/08 8:21 am - Chicago, IL
Topic: Gastric Bypass and 3.5 years later considering Lapband
Hi everyone, Please email me if you had the Gastric bypass and you had a lap band afterwards to lose additional weight. Want to know if this was successful for you. I want to lose another 60 to 80 pounds and I am thinking of having the lap band to do that. I have already lost about 300 pounds. Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance for your replies. Yolanda
Richard L.
on 5/6/08 3:39 am - Albuquerque, NM
Topic: Long time gone
Wassup everybody?
Beckie T.
on 4/24/08 10:52 am - Palmdale, CA
Topic: RE: Weight gain...attempting sclerotherapy
Patty: Let us know how it goes for you. I think a lot of us need something like this. I know some folks that had the lap band installed on top of the RNY. Good luck.
waterlover
on 4/2/08 1:58 am
RNY on 05/28/08 with
Topic: RE: Need Help fast
Wow Sophia, You are carrying quite a mental load. Moving is a big stresser. Not to be discouraging but it take about two years to feel you be long in a new place. On a brighter and hopefully more helpful note, you are not a "bad" person for "falling off the wagon" as you say. You need comfort and support in this time of upheaval and you have fallen back into your old comfortable habits which we all do. But stop beating yourself up. If there is not a Support group in your area, consider visiting an AAA or ALANON meeting. Consider contacting hospitals/doctors offices in your area with WLS/OH info fliers and start a support group. It is Spring in NC (still snow here in Canada) get out and walk with your kids. Discover a new park every week. Meet you neighbors. Volunteer somewhere. There is no better way to get plugged into you community and make contacts. Contacts equal support, not WL support but you need more than just that. Do something for someone else even if you don't know them Get out of the house and out of the kitchen. Feed your soul. What about a church? If you have a church, get involved in a children's or womens ministry. You are a great person with a lot of love to offer! Our weight struggle is only a very small part of who we truly are. You've have WLS. You've lost 140 #. You have kids and haven't killed them yet. You have done amazing things. You can get past this. You are on my favorites list! LOLove, Laura
rachelnine1
on 1/27/08 3:08 pm - CA
Topic: Testing, new here, been a long time
testing this out.. sugery back in 2004
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1097 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 690 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 811 views