Recent Posts

ladymoya
on 9/23/09 11:49 am - Baltimore, MD
Topic: RE: November 12 is my day

Congrats on the date....  I'm startin the countdown on oct 1 so get ready its goin to be a ride!

evil_mom
on 9/23/09 3:20 am - Copperas Cove, TX
Topic: November 12 is my day
I was originally scheduled for Oct 12, but my MIL won't be able to come take care of the kids, so I rescheduled for when dh is supposed to be back from Iraq (please don't let the army screw this one up).  So my day is Nov. 12 now.  I don't know which is stressing me more, the countdown to the surgery, or the countdown to dh getting back....
lukesant
on 9/22/09 12:03 pm, edited 9/22/09 12:03 pm - Green Bay, WI
Topic: RE: Do anyone wanna lose more weight?
Before I go to bed for the evening I would like to share how I ate today

Breakfast  1 egg, 6oz diet cranberry juice
Lunch 8 oz Bariatric advantage high protein meal replacement shake (strawberry)
Supper 4 oz chicken breast baked in oven, 1 cup mixed veggies(steamed)

64 oz crystal light
18 oz water

rode recumbent bike for 30 minutes.

I feel very good. I feel I had a full day and made very good decisions about my food.
lolligreen
on 9/22/09 11:30 am
Topic: RE: NOVEMBER BABY! WHOOOOO
I'm set for the RNY in November, too.  LadyMoya, it looks like we're both at JHU.  What diet are you following to lose weight before surgery?
lukesant
on 9/22/09 8:00 am - Green Bay, WI
I started today and so far so good. I am heading down to ride my recumbent bike for at least 40 minutes, while my chicken cooks :-) Tonight right before bed I will write what I ate today and post it right here, does that sound good? 

ladymoya
on 9/22/09 6:29 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey I'm wit you.

Me and navywife have started well today is my first day and she started last week. Now that you posted that you wanna do this I will let her know that I will posted our everyday intake. Let me know when u start and I will give you more info on wat to do on here ...best wishes see u soon.  

Also congrats on your date!

ladymoya
on 9/22/09 6:24 am - Baltimore, MD
Topic: RE: November 17th

Your not the only one scared. Now that I have my date and its gettin closer I get the jitters. I think of my kids and how this affect them too. Will I get off the table, is this the rite thing for me to do, Will I get to where I need to be more healthy then I am. So many things running but I think if I stay like this I still have the same risk and worser.  My kids are soooo excited and cant wait to see there mommy thinner. I never knew how bein big can affect ur kids. So honey its Norma. Plz come back as i kick off out Oct 1st kick off and countdown for all my fellow november fam.  take care.

Maggie B.
on 9/22/09 4:52 am - Canada
RNY on 11/17/09 with
Topic: November 17th
So my date is set for November 17th with Dr. Fitzer.  I've been cruising around the various message boards and I have to say I have the up most respect for all of you.  I have read both the good and the bad and on all fronts, support was given.  I have been leaning more towards the Ontario Forum as I'm hoping to make some friends in the Ottawa area. 

I'm excited and scared out of my wits.  It's hard to describe and am hoping it's NORMAL.  I'm a diabetic with insulin resistance and my goal is to lose the weight so that my diabetes exits with it.

So, I just wanted to say HI, and to let you know that as a newbie reading the posts, I am encouraged - but I'm still scared.

Thanks all
Maggie

lukesant
on 9/21/09 9:11 am - Green Bay, WI

Hi! l will definitely  join you in losing some more weight. I was scheduled for RNY Sept. 28th, however I met with my surgeon today and I was informed my liver is too fatty so I am required to lose at least 25 lbs by Oct. 26th. If I meet my goal I will have surgery Nov 5th. Lets do this together!!

Congratulations on your date

Bobbie

rkrs6673
on 9/20/09 9:36 pm
Topic: RE: NOVEMBER BABY! WHOOOOO
November for me also..  I hope we cal all cheer each other on!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1857 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 876 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1237 views