Recent Posts

ladymoya
on 9/28/09 7:56 am - Baltimore, MD
Topic: RE: November 4, 2009
Congratulations to u ...congratulations to u ....congraulation to debra ..congratulation to u .......Happy November 4 th rebirthday... see u at the countdown start oct 1st.

SethHouser
on 9/28/09 6:53 am - New Castle, IN
Topic: RE: November 5th for me....baby! Yeah!

Good for you. But you suck. I have been trying since May to get mine approve!!!

On the journey to losing weight, your friends & family will be the first people to try to knock you off. They do this not out spite, but out of being convicted and knowing they should do the same. It's easier to put someone down for doing the right thing, than for them to actually do it. So at your next family re-union or wherever you are eat your chicken and broccoli and smile when they make jokes about you, they are jealous!
Kris I.
on 9/28/09 6:44 am
Topic: RE: NOVEMBER BABY! WHOOOOO

Count me in!!! I just got a surgery date today!

November 6th!!!  (My surgeon is submitting all the paperwork to my insurance by the end of this week!)  I should get the approval by the end of NEXT week!  At least I have a date! 

I'm having RNY . . .

Mmmmm chicken broth!! LOL!

LT

tripletdad7
on 9/28/09 6:11 am
Topic: November 5th for me....baby! Yeah!
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.  I'm about to lose my mind and I think I like it!

Happy Happy Joy Joy!   It just took a grueling 4 days to get insurance approval on first try. (sorry, had to brag.)
DEBRA M.
on 9/26/09 10:49 pm - ROCKY POINT, NY
Topic: November 4, 2009
Hello Everyone, I have got a date of 11/4/09. I am excited, yet me nerves are acting up a bit. I need to start looking at the long term goals here.
futuresveltemom
on 9/26/09 4:47 am - Derry, NH
November 10, 2009 for me!
ckinmeout_2010
on 9/25/09 4:21 pm
congrats to all for wls or body surgery too, Im in for Nov too. Im here for support to anyone who needs it. I know I need it.

Hey just think of it this way we may be missing out on the Holidays and all but man by spring hello Oct/Nov WLS BABIES. whoo hoo.  right. And think of it this way maybe not having that Turkey but we have that good Chicken Broth (lol). Lets hang in here together.
ckinmeout_2010
on 9/25/09 4:09 pm
Topic: RE: November 17th

Girl  couldnt have said it any better than you did. I have the same thoughts really totatllly feeling the same thoughts wed be crazy not to think this way. Im like Im afraid in that hospital bed Im going be climbing out and running down and out that hallway hospital. But with this support website, and support groups, friends and family.  I guess too finding or having the faith in God. Yes, my kids are so effected by my weight too, even though they are older they too are trying to keep themselves healthy and exercising and take care of  themselves so they dont get to were I am at. I dont want my kids to have to go through this in there life. I want to set a healthy good example for my kids and I want see my grandkids when they come into this world.

So guess you are going through different tests coming up too for the month before surgery, hope they go good for you. Its one day at a time and these days are going go fast for you and me . My date is NOv 17 too so  here we go.  lets support each other. 

ckinmeout_2010
on 9/25/09 3:59 pm
Topic: RE: November 17th

Just wanted to say HI and I have the same date as you here in Cali. Im with you too xcited and scared just like you too. I have been reading and find support groups in area etc too. My Dr. said everyone is scared even when they say there not, made me feel alittle better. GOod luck to you and with getting your diabetis under control. Lets  do stay in touch if you want since we are celebrating our new life changes together. It has to be normal otherwise for me it would be crazy not to be scared. Counting down the days, and I know they are going go fast. Hope all my pre opt tests come out good too.

rich_in_nfpa
on 9/24/09 5:13 am - New Freedom, PA
Well, I've been to my next-to-last appointment -- the next one is October 15th with the surgeon and I'll get my date then. It doesn't look like I'm going to have the surgery in time for my birthday (11/6) but that's OK -- as long as I have it!

They tell me the surgery is usually 4-6 weeks after meeting with the surgeon. 4 weeks puts us at Nov. 12th and 6 weeks puts us at Nov. 26th -- Thanksgiving Day! Figures I'll have bariatric surgery right before the most food-oriented holiday on the calendar!

There must be something about the last 2 months of the year. I got sober 12/12/83; I quit smoking 11/22/91; and I'll have bariatric surgery around the same time of the year. I should start playing these dates in the lottery.

I'm starting to get excited. The start of my new life is now less than 2 months away!
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1855 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 875 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1237 views