Recent Posts

sfsugrl27
on 9/3/10 5:25 pm - Concord, CA
Topic: RE: Plateau
Hi I was wondering if you have started to lose weight again I have hit a major plateau and have not lost any weight in like 3 weeks so I am starting to worry I am not getting in all the protein I need but I am not over eatting so if you have any advice or info please get back to me thanks
Tonya75
on 8/17/10 1:19 am - IL
Topic: RE: 9 months post-op total weight loss 180lbs
You go girl! I am soooo jealous!
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

crystalLL
on 8/13/10 6:37 am - Hemet, CA
Topic: RE: 9 months post-op total weight loss 180lbs
You look like a totally different person!  CONGRATS! 

CRYSTAL LL    HW 357 SW 343  GW 175 (almost there)                                  
slimminitdown
on 8/2/10 10:21 am - TN
Topic: 9 months post-op total weight loss 180lbs
Starting Body Composition
% Body Fat= 57
Fat Mass/Excess Fat= 201lbs
Muscle=149lbs

9 month post-op Body Composition

% Body Fat= 28.5
Fat Mass/Excess Fat= 48.5lbs
Muscle=121.5lbs

Starting Weight= 350lbs BMI 50.2; 5'10"
Pre-op Weight Loss= 49lbs (1200 calorie diet, 70g protein, workout 6days/wk)
Surgery Weight= 301lbs BMI 43.1; 11/2/09
Goal Weight=170lbs BMI 24.3; reached 7/16/10
Breast Reduction Surgery= 7/20/2010 (Pictures are b4 reduction)

MaMa_Dee
on 7/24/10 12:11 pm - Charlotte, NC
Topic: RE: 7 months out
Hey...I've lost 76 lbs since I had the surgery. I feel like it has been really slow and I've hit a few stalls. But I'm very happy with my 147lb weight loss since I started the whole "journey". Are y'all slowing down with the weight loss at all?

veronica.S
on 7/21/10 4:22 pm
Topic: RE: 7 months out

Hi I'm a Army wife also. I have lost 69 lbs so far, happy about it but I know I can do better. (had the VSG) I see that your pregnant, Congratulations!! My hubby is coming home next month from Iraq and we want to start trying to have a baby. Just wondering what your Dr. thought about you getting pregnant so soon? I was told to wait a year but we are so anxious to see if I can get pregnant when he gets home. Any advice would be great.

Toobcherished
on 7/21/10 2:20 pm - Henrico, VA
Topic: RE: How is everyone doing?
I have done well in my sugery.  Like others have have dealt with some stall for sure.  The weight loss has drastically decreased but I chalk that up to me getting smaller as well.  I have noticed that even when the scale is playing with the same few pounds for 2 weeks I am still some how losing inches.  I only have about 25 more pounds to get to my personal goal so I really cant complain.  I expect to get to that before I am a full month out and thats good enough for me.  BTW I posted bathing suit pics on my latest blogs...im not barbie, just happy to be able to wear a suit again in public lol!

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

laurie R.
on 7/20/10 5:50 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Topic: RE: Help me!!!!
Oh thank goodness. I thought I had lost my mind. Well, I have been doing this 3 lbs stall since the end of May, up and down by 3lbs.Grrrrr, Have I been as good as before? no.
I was about to trow in the towel. Thanks for the encouragement.
Please keep it coming to those of us who need it the most. We gotta stick together. I went from losing about 8lbs a month to nothing.
Please Post if you get going again.
Laurie                     
MaMa_Dee
on 7/18/10 7:14 am - Charlotte, NC
Hey...have to say, I'm seriously struggling. I lost 71 lbs before surgery in 8 months and have lost 76 in 8 months since the surgery. I guess my expectations were higher. I mean, why would I opt to have my stomach cut on when I could lose the same amount without surgery? Just a little down about that. But...I did have some VERY stressful and traumatic events happen after surgery as well. And during both of those I hit between a 5 and 8 week stall. I just don't get it. I mean sure...I could do things a little better as far as diet and exercise but.... Well, I guess I could just work on doing better. Did anyone else lose alot before and then not so much after surgery??

slimminitdown
on 7/18/10 2:21 am, edited 7/18/10 2:21 am - TN
Hello everyone, I have lost a total of 182lbs and not yet 9 months post-op. I lost 49lbs pre-op and 133lbs post-op. I had RNY on 11/2/09. I have just reached my initial goal weight of 170lbs on 7/16/10 and my new goal weight is 150lbs. I currently weigh 168lbs I am 5'10 which gives me a normal BMI of 24.1.
Starting Weight/BMI 350lbs/50.2
Surgery Weight/BMI 301lbs/43.1
Current Weight/BMI 168lbs/24.1
Goal Weight/BMI 150lbs/21.5
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1857 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 876 views