Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/10 4:49 am, edited 11/23/10 11:17 pm
Topic: RE: one year mark month.
My one year anniversary is on 11/24.  I have lost a total of 103 lbs.  I am now weighing in at 137 lbs and wearing a size 4 jeans, medium top and 8.5 shoes.  I ran my first 5k at 6 mths post-op.  I would like to lose another 10 lbs.  I had my one year check up yesterday and I'm anxious to see my lab results.  Congrats to all!!

Here are some pics of me (I need to take new pics, these are all from Aug but will give you an idea):

9 mths post op, 144 lbs

7 mths post op 152 lbs

slimminitdown
on 11/14/10 10:37 am - TN
I am about to start the P90X workout series. and competing in some 5K runs..afterwards I will begin training for my second half marathon which will most likely be in the spring. I am 3lbs away from the 200lbs lost status so I'm working on that as well. Gotta keep it moving.
Rebecca G.
on 11/13/10 7:27 am - Wilmington, NC
 I just went to Cherry Point for the first time last month to welcome a Marine home. I like that area! 
That is me in the picture, 3 weeks ago.

Thank you! You look great as well! I like the Crystal Light nickname! :)

crystalLL
on 11/12/10 3:12 am - Hemet, CA
Everyone has done well.  KUDOS to you all.  What amazing accomplishments!   No regrets with...I love it! 

CRYSTAL LL    HW 357 SW 343  GW 175 (almost there)                                  
crystalLL
on 11/12/10 3:10 am - Hemet, CA
Had to send you a shout out...I am originally from NC.  My parents are retired and live near Cherry Pt.  Anyway,  CONGRATS to you.  Is that you in that picture?

crystalLL
on 11/12/10 2:58 am - Hemet, CA
That is awesome!  A marathon...YOU ROCK!  KUDOS to you?  SO what's your next journey?

Rebecca G.
on 11/12/10 12:44 am - Wilmington, NC
 My anniversary was 11/2. I would ABSOLUTELY do it again! This has been the greatest experience. I have never had any kind of self esteem and for the first time in my life, I actually feel pretty good. It's the little things too...I went to an NHL game last night and #1-wasn't afraid of getting stuck in the rotating thing at the door and #2- I had all kinds of room in my seat! It was awesome!

Last November, I was 380 pounds and a size 28.

Now, I am 182.5 and a size 8.

I love my RNY!

Now I just need some snipping and tucking....and new boobs!

Rebecca G.
on 11/12/10 12:41 am - Wilmington, NC
 WOW! Excellent job! Congrats :)

ShrinkingCera
on 11/11/10 10:45 pm
 I had my surgery in Nov. 209 as well.  I had lost about 120 pounds prior to surgery.  I started my total journey at around 645 pounds... it may have been higher than that, but that was the heaviest recorded weight.  

I have lost 200 pounds since my surgery.  A total loss of 325 pounds in 2 years!  I am still weighing above 300, which I hope to be under for the new year, but I am working hard at becoming a better me above all else.  

I was able to ride in an airplane for the first time in decades, I now no longer need the extension and can put the tray down in front of me!  It is still a bit of a tight fit, but I do not feel like I am intruding on someone else's space.  (And I dont need to purchase two seats!!)

I am walking more and more, I even caught myself running in short bursts the other day!   I am wearing a size 2x or smaller on top and a 3x still on bottom.  I have my stomach surgery planned for mid Jan where the "apron" of skin I have will be removed.  Hopefully this will let me exercise better , and help me to feel more normal.  As you can imagine, from 645 pounds, there is a LOT of excess skin.  This is stage one of a 3 part process... so for that I am a bit scared.  

Would I do this again!?  In a heartbeat.  I recommend it fully to everyone I know... and even though it was not the easiest thing to go through, and I still have difficult days with food... I feel much more in control of my life and destiny!!

Well, happy new year to all of us who got our second chance this month, a year ago!!  I am proud of all of us!!

-Sarah

Tonya75
on 11/10/10 11:19 pm - IL
Hi Everyone,

I too, am a NOVEMBER 2009 DS Baby!

I am so thankful for this surgery. I can now look in the mirror and say "DAM SHE LOOKS GOOD"

I have lost a WHOPPING 172lbs! I am sooo thankful, for this board! If I had not discovered it, I would of never known about the DS surgery. WE all have our reasons why we choose our specific type of surgery.....WE wanted what was best for ourselves.

I am still thankful, for Dr. Alverdy, and his staff for their EXCELLENT continued care for me.

My next stop is praying I lose another 30-40 lbs....BUT if I DONT LOSE ANOTHER LBS...........I WONT BE UPSET!

Thanks for your continued support OH friends! Good luck to you guys in the future, and I cant wait to hear of more updates to come!

DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1855 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 875 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1237 views