so tired of talking about my weight...

Tamilynn
on 5/19/11 12:54 pm
i havent been on here in forever... i had RNY in april of 2009... got pregnant 6 months later (whoops lol) had the baby last july, and lost baby weight+... I have lost a total of 120ish pounds going from 265 down to 145lbs. It has been a long exhausting road but i am sooo happy with my decision and havent felt this great my entire life...

so here comes my rant. I am so tired of talking about my weight. If its not "you are going to dissapear" or " your not trying to loose anymore weight are you?" or "you are so skinny" on a daily basis. I remember a time before my surgery where i would have begged for those comments or sold my soul to the devil just to be at the weight i am now. It is just exhausing. 2 years later i feel like every person i have a conversation with feels it necessary to discuss my weight. I dont always know how to take the comments either. Sometimes i feel like the comments can almost be as hurtful as the comments from when i was overweight. I know people mean well, but some times i just want to scream!!

ok i feel better thanks for listening OH peeps :)
Katari
on 5/19/11 1:09 pm - OR
LOL. I just saw your post on another thread and was going to congratulate you on your pregnancy until I saw it said you were 84 weeks pregnant. Glad to find out you aren't. 84 weeks of pregnancy would kill me! LOL. Congrats on your "whoops" baby. (i've got one of those two. I got pregant 3 months after my c-section (your supposed to wait 1 to 2 years. LOL) WHOOPS!)

I hate those darn "your are so skinny" comments. Granted I like them much better than the "you REALLY need to lose some weight" comments, but they are just as annoying! The farther out you get the less you'll hear them. You'll just be "normal". That time frame for you just got longer since you had the baby + baby weight in there as well as your regular weight, but it'll happen!

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

amberj82
on 5/19/11 1:31 pm - Blue Springs, MO
That cracked me up! 84 weeks does seem excessive.
amberj82
on 5/19/11 1:30 pm - Blue Springs, MO
You are 84 weeks and one day pregnant?!

Can't relate to your frustrations at the moment - still have a loooooong way to go. :/

Went to a support group thing not long ago though and these kinds of feelings were mentioned. Guess it's just the way it goes?
Krisi616
on 5/19/11 1:41 pm - Brentwood, CA
I was just thinking the other day about how much the comments annoy me. And I am only 7 months out.  The "you are so skinny" - while I am in a size 16-18.  Ummm I still have 40-45 pounds to lose - what will I be then?

Anyway congrats on the baby and all the weight lost.  You are not alone with the hearing the comments.

HW/SW/CW/GW  {gained 7 lbs of fluid in the hospital}
307/287.5/176.6/147 {current as of 11.27.11}

Ladytazz
on 5/19/11 1:56 pm
 Maybe it's me but no one really talks about my weight.  I am nearly 10 months out and just reached goal and many times I run into people I haven't seen for a  while and they don't really say a thing about my weight.  I've had 2 people say I was too skinny, one was my boyfriend and he likes his woman with meat and just last night my daughter's friend made a comment for the first time.
Other then that most of the time it doesn't come up.  Even my grown kids haven't said anything.  Not that it bothers me or anything.  If someone does say something I just change the subject.  I don't feel like my weight should be the topic of any conversations.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Tamilynn
on 5/19/11 2:02 pm
lol... i told you i havent been on here in forever lol... time to update the profile lol 84 weeks is a bit excessive! :)  I guess i probably get it more than most since i am an assistant manager for a home depot with over 200 employees. one day i will get to just be ME and not the "fat girl" or the "girl who lost all that weight"

Lori W.
on 5/19/11 4:05 pm - Russellville, MO
I'm just starting my journey and don't even have a surgery date or anything yet so I cant comment on the skinny part of this. But the one I have always hated is "You have such a pretty face if only you would lose some weight." 
Lori

turningpoint
on 5/19/11 6:05 pm
ignore the comments and change the subject...people will eventually figure out weight is not a good topic for you.

pr turn the tables and start polking and proding questios about their weight and see how they like it....things like "you aren't going to eat THAT are you?  Either way, they will get the message.
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/19/11 8:59 pm
So you say,  "My weight is fine, how's yours?"  They will get the hint.  Being public about WLS unfortunately gives people the perception that you weight is now proper water cooler conversation. 

Winnie

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 454 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 349 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 212 views