Horrible stomach pains help!

guttedgrace
on 5/5/13 3:38 pm
RNY on 05/02/13

I just had some broth from a stew my mom was making. I think it may have had some extra fat or grease in it that I didn't know about. It also had a couple of very soft veggies in it (carrots, potatoes and onions) that I mushed in my mouth and swallowed. This is the 3rd day after my surgery. I have a horrible stomach ache. I feel like I would feel better if I just threw up but I can't throw up. I'm on my hands and knees bowled over rocking back and forth. I took a Percocet but am still feeling pain. What can I do to make this go away? I'm desparate.

apurdie
on 5/5/13 3:43 pm - CA

I think it may be gas and that it will pass. Good luck and follow the rules.

Amarieware
on 5/5/13 3:51 pm
RNY on 04/01/13
Depending on how your mom makes stew it could be the fat... Try to stick to sf Popsicles, plain broth, jello & water... Your still early out.. Hope this helps good luck
Lisa_Douglas
on 5/5/13 9:57 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

The broth may have had more fat than you realized.  Hopefully the pain has passed by now and you are feeling better!!

Washu
on 5/5/13 10:52 pm

Every plan is different but we are given a week where we are still on clear liquids, maybe the mushy veggies are too much for your pouch too soon. I hope the pain goes away for you. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com  HW 275 SW 253 CW 155 - 5'2" Age 35 RNY 5/10/13

guttedgrace
on 5/6/13 9:04 am
RNY on 05/02/13

Thank you everyone for your responses. The pain went away after about an hour. I figured the veggies wouldn't be an issue since they were stewing in a slow cooker for hours. They still could have been part of the upset. I'm going to be sure not to cut any corners from now on and will stick to regular broth. I don't want to go through that again! Thank you so much for your support!

Most Active
Recent Topics