Starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel

floweringgemini
on 9/6/15 7:25 pm - Rocky Point, NC

Hi everyone. I started this journey in April. Was devastated when the psych consult decision was that i could not have surgery and thought about just accepting the fat uncomfortable and living life. I am so glad I did not do that. I have had therapy every week just about as well as a nutritionist since i was turned down. I have now gotten the psych clearance as well as my nutritionists approval. HOPEFULLY this week i will get scheduled for a visit to the surgeons office and we can start talking about a date. It definitely looks like it should happen before Halloween so that means I will not be down at thanksgiving and christmas. I know that the food wont be an option for me but I dont care about that i just want to be able to enjoy the holidays without being fresh out and in too much pain. My son (hes 8) is super excited too as he hass been part of my inspiration and driving force. He always says that he wonders what I will look like and I tell him that I will look the same but that there will just be less of me. I am questioning that after looking at peoples before and after pics. Some people look like 2 totally different people by the end of the loss. So I am also excited. The lowest adult weight I can remember was about 185. My post op target is 174. I am super excited.to all that feel you are hitting a brick wall or getting the run around dont give up. It will happen when you are really ready.

cc583
on 9/6/15 10:50 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

That's great news! I hope all of the rest of the process continues to go well for you!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Grim_Traveller
on 9/7/15 5:11 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good for you. It would have been easy to quit when you were first turned down, so you should be proud of yourself for fighting through it. The more work you do before surgery, the better things will go after.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/15 8:01 am

Hey there! Good for you- that's awesome! Keep on pushing and you will do great. I wouldnt worry too much about the pain. I had the RNY surgery on the 26th and the first 5 days were the worst. Now, I have discomfort when I bend over but that's about it. I realize everyone is different but by a week out, most people who I have talked to, agree. I had mine done laparoscopically, so of course that is less of a recovery than being cut.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 336 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 149 views
Recent Topics