What to eat/drink

floweringgemini
on 10/22/15 6:56 am - Rocky Point, NC

I am supposed to be able to start full liquids today. I started sf popsicles yesterday. That helped hydrate me. Tried some onion mushroom broth last night but was too heavy. There are 2 things I am afraid of. Im afraid of hurting myself and I am afraid to eat/drink anything and gain weight. I guess that is left over programming from pre op lifestyle. What can I have?

supershopper
on 10/22/15 7:57 am

Did your doctor not give you documents on what you can eat/drink?

Mine gave me an entire packet of info on food.

They said if you have the soup- you need to strain all the bits out. How about plain chicken broth or that unjury kind with protein?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

floweringgemini
on 10/22/15 8:48 am - Rocky Point, NC

Inwas given materials it just doesnt seem specific enough to me. I dont trust myself to do it right. And like I said I am pretty much afraid of food at this point. Im all like cool Im not hungry so I dont need anything this is great but in reality I know that to lose the weight stay healthy and survive i need food. I guess im just looking for a specific soup to eat not just cream soups what is a cream soup? That all screams fat and calories to me. Im working on some protein drink today through the morning but I want something different later. Can I get like a good soup and mix in the blender to make all the little pieces go away? Its like bringing home a brand new baby for the first time. In the hospital you feel confident then get home and it is so scary. This is so scary.

Eggface
on 10/22/15 8:25 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Review your materials from your surgeon's office... you should have been given information (even ideas) as to what to eat in these first stages. Sometimes you get it in pieces... so when you follow-up you may be given the next stage info, etc. If you don't have something like this ask for it. Each program has variations and you'll want to (especially initially) follow what YOUR DR wants. In general... protein shakes, strained soups, broths (bone, miso, chicken, etc.)

It's normal to have a little trepidation when moving from one stage of food to the next and sometimes the transition is a little rough... it's not a forever thing... we are all unique snowflakes and we heal, react differently to things... it doesn't mean that food will never work out for you... usually another try in a few weeks and all is well. Try not to develop FEAR of food, of weight gain... that the stuff eating disorders are made of... if that is the case I'd talk with someone.

Food is a delicious enjoyable part of life and will/can be again post-op albeit in a healthier, more appropriately proportioned way. In the short term think of it as fuel... fat burning fuel. If you want burn fat you will need to stoke the fire with something ;)

Speedy healing ~Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

KrystalSlate
on 10/22/15 8:31 am
RNY on 09/23/15

I loved the broth off chicken noddle soup. Just be sure to run it through a metal mesh strainer. Also I got Isopure Clear drinks from vitamin shop 1- 20oz bottle has 40 g of protein and is sugar/carbohydrate free... lots of flavors.

hollykim
on 10/22/15 12:34 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 22, 2015 at 1:56 PM Pacific Time, floweringgemini wrote:

I am supposed to be able to start full liquids today. I started sf popsicles yesterday. That helped hydrate me. Tried some onion mushroom broth last night but was too heavy. There are 2 things I am afraid of. Im afraid of hurting myself and I am afraid to eat/drink anything and gain weight. I guess that is left over programming from pre op lifestyle. What can I have?

sorry, I totally have nothing for you. I just can't comprehend a fear of soup.

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/15 2:30 pm

I remember being worried that hot food could hurt the stitches.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 11 replies · 118 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?