Recent Posts

Alexandra P.
on 6/15/03 10:19 pm - Peoria, Az
Topic: RE: surgery3/5/03 what is the average weight loss ?
Oh yes I forgot to mention.......my brother had surgery on 3/3/03 and he has lost 105 lbs already!!!!!!!! Sheese why do guys lose so fast? Alexa
Alexandra P.
on 6/15/03 10:18 pm - Peoria, Az
Topic: surgery3/5/03 what is the average weight loss ?
Hi all, I had surgery on 3/5/03 and have lost 71 lbs now. I am stuck for the last week and have not lost anything. I get allmy protein and water and usually have about 700 calories a day. I use fitday all the time. What is the average weight loss for those of us around this time. I hope my scale moves this week cause i hate not seeing any weight loss for the last week and a half! Alexa 299/228/150? I can hope!
Alexandra P.
on 6/15/03 10:13 pm - Peoria, Az
Topic: RE: HELP - I'm The Slowest Loser Ever To Have This Surgery
Marilyn, You did not say how much protein grams you are eating a day. My dr recomends 70 to 120 a day. I know its hard but when you up the protein it helps. Also when you work out you bild lean muscle and sometimes you go down in inches when you dont lose. Are you losing inches maybe? I hope this helps some. good luck to you. Alexa post op 3/5/03
Lori D.
on 6/15/03 6:25 pm - Osceola, IN
Topic: any march 11th people out there? I would love to hear from you.
Hi all!!!! my name is Lori Durbin, I had lap rny on march 11 and have lost 72 pounds. I can't believe the difference. I can buy my clothes in the stores now instead of mail ordering. I went to the movies for the first time in many many years because the seats were too small, and I went on my first ever boat ride today. I walked right up the pier and stepped right into the boat. I wouldn't have even thought of trying that 2 months ago. I also got rid of the ugly brace I had to wear on my ankle. Next month I am going to mall of america on vacation. I can't wait. It will be the first vacation ever where I won't have to worry about being sick when I eat or not being able to walk. I am really looking forward to it. My friends all tell me that I smile all the time now and how much happier I am. I am so glad that I did this. It was the best thing I could ever have done for myself and my family. One of my close friends just told me how hard it was for them to watch me keep gaining weight and doing less and less. I didn't even realize how hard that was for them. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for listening.
Lori D.
on 6/15/03 6:11 pm - Osceola, IN
Topic: RE: How are all the March 2003'ers doing so far?
Hi!!!! My name is Lori Durbin. I had my lap rny on march 11th. I have lost 72 pounds as of last month. I too am only getting weighed once a month. I can't belive all the changes. I still can't even belive that I've had the surgery and have lost so much. I have gotten rid of the brace I had to wear on my foot. I've gone to the movies for the first time in many many years, and I went on my first ever boat ride today. I still can't belive I walked right up on the dock and stepped into the boat. I couldn't have done that 2 months ago. Next month I an going to mall of america on vacation. It will be the first time ever I have went on vacation without being sick shenever I eat anything and be able to walk. I am really looking forward to it. I guess I am rambling. I am just so excited. My friends tell me I smile all the time now and seem so much happier. This was the best thing I could ever have done for myself and my family. Please email me if anyone wishes. Lots of luck to you all. Lori.
mishy07
on 6/15/03 4:44 pm - Wethersfield, CT
RNY on 03/24/03 with
Topic: RE: I got to shop in the MISSES
That's great! Congratulations! I went shopping on Saturday and got pants in 1X. I was in a 3X before surgery. I was trying on 2X's and realized they were too big! It didn't even occur to me to try the Misses section...maybe I'll do that next time! Isn't it great to buy smaller clothes?
Catherine B
on 6/15/03 11:30 am - Kingsland, GA
Topic: I got to shop in the MISSES
I got into an XLARGE.. Not 1X or 16W. but a regular XL and a regular 16 .. WHOOPPEEE.. here is apicture [img]http://ourworld.cs.com/Clearancequeenie/XL2.jpg[/img]
sails92
on 6/15/03 8:58 am - Lexington, KY
Topic: HELP - I'm The Slowest Loser Ever To Have This Surgery
Hi Everyone. Sometimes I just can't believe how slow of an loser I am. What is my problem??? I had my Lap RNY on March 27, 2003 which was approximately 3 months ago and so far I've only lost 31.5lbs. I take my daily vitamins. I exercise 20 minutes in the morning, I do 100 crunchies and work out on my elliptical machine for 10 minutes (I'm Trying To Build Up To 20 minutes). I drink about 60-70 oz of water. My food intake consists of: 1 protein shake for breakfast, 1 salad with tuna for lunch or salmon and usually chicken or fish for dinner mostly baked. In the evenings I exercise another 10 minutes on my elliptical machine and then do another 100 crunchies. Please help....What am I doing wrong???? All suggestions are welcome. Many Blessings, Marilyn Lexington, KY Post-Op 03/27/03
sails92
on 6/15/03 7:59 am - Lexington, KY
Topic: RE: How are all the March 2003'ers doing so far?
Hi Everyone. Sometimes I just can't believe how slow of an loser I am. What is my problem??? I had my Lap RNY on March 27, 2003 which was approximately 3 months ago and so far I've only lost 31.5lbs. I take my daily vitamins. I exercise 20 minutes in the morning, I do 100 crunchies and work out on my elliptical machine for 10 minutes (I'm Trying To Build Up To 20 minutes). I drink about 60-70 oz of water. My food intake consists of: 1 protein shake for breakfast, 1 salad with tuna for lunch or salmon and usually chicken or fish for dinner mostly baked. In the evenings I exercise another 10 minutes on my elliptical machine and then do another 100 crunchies. Please help....What am I doing wrong???? All suggestions are welcome. Many Blessings, Marilyn Lexington, KY Post-Op 03/27/03
itsmekaren
on 6/14/03 11:13 pm - Waxahachie, TX
Topic: RE: 3/31/03 Surgery Post-op Patient
Hi Wendy.. I had my surgery March 31,03.. I started out at 412 and now weigh 347.. a loss of 65 lbs. But I feel i'm a slow loser.. I have to work hard for every pound i lose now.. I work out in my pool everyday.. I'm so glad we are able to talk to others like this that had the surgery the same month.. its so cool.. Keep in touch please..
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 618 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1656 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 652 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 711 views