Recent Posts

sunsheyen
on 4/20/09 1:51 pm
Victoria K.
on 8/6/05 9:11 am - Detroit, MI
Topic: RE: GAINING WEIGHT ........HELP
I don't know what to say to help, but I can say I know how you feel! I had my surgery in April, 2000 as well, and was losing and then maintaining the loss, until I had a hysterectomy in December, 2002. I also had the tummy tuck and some other fat deposits removed at the same time. I lost about 15 pounds after that surgery, but in a few months I started gaining weight. Over the last couple of years I have gained about 30 or so pounds (I don't weigh myself unless I have to) and have, like you, been scared. I wonder if it has something to do with the hormonal change from the hysterectomy? Does anyone else out there know???
Sandra A.
on 7/24/05 3:50 am - Clay, WV
Topic: GAINING WEIGHT ........HELP
I am 5 years and 3 months post op ....i was doing great until i had a hysterectomy..... now i have gained 32 lbs. I am terrified....PLEASE HELP
Victoria K.
on 5/30/05 12:25 am - Detroit, MI
Topic: RE: 04/2003 was 3 yrs.. i've gained 36 lbs
Unfortunately, I never reached my goal weight (I lost about 130 of the 230 pounds I needed to lose). Within this past year, which was year 5 for me, I have begun to gain some weight, about 25 pounds. I'm getting scared. I know I don't eat the right foods and the times I fill my pouch to the point of pain is becoming too frequent. Does anyone else have these problems? Where can I find the support and help I need to get back on track? I'd really like to lose the other 100 pounds (I guess 125 now). I think I am also a binge and emotional eater (that is what probably made me obese in the first place). I really need some support.
Victoria K.
on 5/30/05 12:19 am - Detroit, MI
Topic: RE: almost 4 years
Best of wishes to all of you who share my anniversary date. It sounds like you have all been successful, but the iron problem seems to be common, even for me. I'm taking pills at the moment. No one has mentioned IV's, though!
Sundari P.
on 3/5/05 6:10 pm - Richmond, Va
Good lord, I think all of us have iron problems. My doc was considering the IV for me, but I just took pills. I also take several OTC nutritional liquids for iron as well that I REALLY believe help in addition to the pills. I am scared of doing the IV..I hear its painful. Also, vitamin C helps to catalyze the iron. Is anyone making sure they get enough of that as well? Hugs Sundari April 7 2000
Wendy G.
on 8/6/04 11:41 pm - Penacook, NH
Hi Kimberly I will be 3 yrs post op as of Oct 11, 2001...I too am struggling with weight gain. But its my fault im not using the tool. I have recently discovered that I am a complusive and binge eater, which doesnt help.. Gained 40lbs yikes! I know what I need to do but like I said b4 im a emotional eater and that is why im gaining. Sometimes emotions are harder to get thru.. Email me, I think if enough people that are struggling we can be supportive to each other an help.
Sharon T.
on 4/21/04 7:35 am - Jefferson City, MO
Hi everyone. I am 4 years out. I as well am having iron problems. I have so far had three iron infusion in the last year. My Dr. said I might consider having a hysterectomy. I don't want to go through that. I have gain about 10lbs over the four years and has lost it.
ZZ S.
on 3/25/04 8:46 am
Hi Betty! I remember you! We share the same surgery day. I am doing great, had gained 8 pounds but recently taken it back off. Remain at goal and feel great! However, I too have the iron/ferritin level problem ever since I had PS and bleeding complications. I can build it up if I am diligent about my eating habits but it takes forever. I'm on 2 Vitra C a day and its helping so no need for IV's at this point for me. Best of Luck to you and Happy 4 years! Sandy
Betty H.
on 3/21/04 2:47 pm - Dallas, GA
Long time no talk to email me Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
GAINING WEIGHT ........HELP
Sandra A. · 1 replies · 388 views
almost 4 years
Betty H. · 4 replies · 393 views