Recent Posts

amjohnson1979
on 9/24/21 2:21 pm
Topic: RE: appeal letter for panniculectomy/abdominoplasty

Hi Donna,

Do you have an example of the appeal letter for the panniculectomy that you could send to [email protected]?

Katricia
on 4/4/16 6:13 pm
VSG on 10/04/13
Topic: RE: appeal letter for panniculectomy/abdominoplasty

This is my first time to the group. I'm excited to learn from everyone. Does anyone have an appeal letter for a panniculectomy/abdominoplasty that they are will to share?

merrillg
on 5/11/15 9:20 am
Topic: weight gain

I am out 11 years and have gained 50lbs. I desperately  want to get back in control. Does anyone have a solution to test if my pouch can be shrunk so I can lose this weight I have gained. I am 63 years old and have back issues so my exercise is limited. 

Suzzieq
on 7/4/14 5:49 am
Mary W.
on 4/22/14 12:12 pm - Arab, AL
Topic: RE: Stuck Steak and Pouch Pain

I have had a chronic problem with blockage and vomiting.  I really think I have a weak area on the small bowel that gets kinked or for some reason just shuts down.  

Mary W.
on 4/22/14 12:10 pm - Arab, AL
Topic: I AM 10 YEARS POSTOP!! http://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/clown.gif

I had my surgery 10 years ago April 21, 2004.   Dr. Freeman in Anniston, Alabama performed my surgery.  I had postoperative complications and was in and out of the hospital for 18 days.  The morning after my surgery they did the leak check using that thick black tar-like contrast which I swallowed.  Found out my bowel was "asleep" and I had a postop ileus, which is an area which stops  moving the food through and is actually a small bowel obstruction.  I vomited for days very hard.  I went home after 6 days but could not keep anything down so went back into the hospital dehydrated and still with the blockage.  I was starving and so very sick.  I was 4' 7" and weighed about 185 pounds but lost 22 pounds the first 3 weeks.  In less than a year I was down to 101 pounds.  At times I gained weight but always lost it again.  I weigh 103 pounds today.  I ended up having an incisional hernia probably from all the vomiting.  I had a repair about a year out from surgery.  About 3 years ago, in around 2011, after years of intermittent small bowel obstructions with vomiting, I had exploratory surgery and a large abdominal hernia was found and repaired.  I have had eating and intestinal problems, but I would never want to go back to carrying all that weight on my small frame.  I am still learning how to manage my diet, as I tend to have candida and an autoimmune disease that requires a special diet.  

Pegtrala
on 6/4/13 6:05 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: 9 years and counting
Me too, MM. Thanks for replying to my post. How's it going for you?

Peg

Pegtrala        

M M
on 6/4/13 4:57 am
Topic: RE: 9 years and counting

I come bac****asionally - I wish more would.

Pegtrala
on 5/12/13 2:29 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: weight gain

Hi Dianne. I haven't posted here in years.  I remember you! I hope you are doing well. I've regained some weight and decided to come back to OH for a little inspiration.  Take care.

Pegtrala

Pegtrala
on 5/12/13 2:21 am - Beaverton, OR
Topic: 9 years and counting

Hi April 2004 group. I haven't posted in years, but decided to do so today. It's been over 9 years since my first RNY surgery, and coming up on 8 years since my second one.  I'd like to say that I reached goal and have maintained it, but that wouldn't be true. I have lost a total of 50 plus pounds, and that changed my life.

I hope to see others post here occasionally.  I'd like to hear how you're doing.

Pegtrala

Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 472 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 729 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 673 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 747 views