Recent Posts

DianneW
on 5/19/10 2:26 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: ROSE proceedure
Has anyone heard of this.  It's supposed to make your pouch smaller again
vixxen36
on 5/12/10 9:53 pm - Anoka, MN
Topic: RE: 5 Years - Roll Call!
Wow you look amazing, I am glad you posted.. What a nice success story, I have had the problems with the vitamins, just trying to get them in...'hugs Lynne
vixxen36
on 5/12/10 9:50 pm - Anoka, MN
Topic: RE: 6 year anniversary...
I am 70 lbs lighter and still doing good, best thing I ever did...
DianneW
on 5/6/10 1:51 am - Louisville, KY
I have gained about 50 pounds back and now trying to do Weigh****chers.  I still have a net loss of 140 pounds and know I'm much healthier because of it.
feelinggreat
on 4/29/10 7:02 pm - Logansport, IN
I HAVE GAINED ABOUT 20 POUNDS HAVE HAD SOME LOW VIT.D ON PILLS FOR THAT NOW BUT WOULDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING BEST THING I DID FOR MYSELF.

ROBIN
DianneW
on 4/26/10 10:01 pm - Louisville, KY
Topic: RE: weight gain
Thanks, so far I've only lost 6 pounds.  It is very slow.
Rachelq
on 4/26/10 12:51 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Cross addiction - How is everyone?
I also wanted to add that I'm sorry for your loss and for your friends family.

I can't say I've ever been a big cheerleader for this surgery. It is such a personal decision (especially when the possiblity of death is on the line). I lost a friend who cross addicted to pain meds.
Rachelq
on 4/26/10 12:48 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with

Congrats Charlie. Mine is coming up at the end of this month. I keep playing with the same 20lbs up and down. HBP has come back and I'm on meds, but over all still happy.

Rachelq
on 4/26/10 12:46 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: weight gain
Hi Dianne,

Definitely wishing you well. I keep playing up and down with 20lbs. I use the 5 day pouch test diet a lot to get me back on track. Hope WW is a good solution for you.

Rachel
Rachelq
on 4/26/10 12:44 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Topic: RE: Cross addiction - How is everyone?
Well howdy Lara!

Ah cross addiction. I live post op very cognizant of the possibility. For me, binge drinking is my vice. I don't know how alcohol will affect me from one time to another. Well there are times when I've gone WAY passed too much before I even knew what hit me. Yet I continue to give it another go...and another...and another.

So, recently, I decided to start living with out it. I figure if the urge to drink is so great that I can't commit to that plan...then I need to look for additional help.

Was doing well up to this weekend...my niece’s bridal shower. Guess the champagne game. Not a lot of people in attendance so I felt compelled to join in. I'm happy to say I only drink 5 finger fulls of champagne and stopped there and have had no desire to drink since.

Time will tell. And you...how are you holding up?
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 478 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 733 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 677 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 751 views