Recent Posts

jowenm
on 2/22/15 6:53 am - STATEN ISLAND, NY
Topic: SO frustrated..need to get back on track

Never thought I would weigh this much again. Only down 50 from my surgery weight. Hitting me hard since my dearest friends are BOTH having surgery tomorrow and didn't ask me one bit of advice about the surgery  they knew I HD but did not know me when I had it.

kateyeburger
on 12/18/13 1:20 pm - mineral ridge, OH
Topic: FREEZING COLD

Is anyone else on this group freezing cold this year????? I lost 109 lbs but have gained some back but I am always so cold especially with the way the weather has been here in NE Ohio. Any comments, suggestions? Anything would be good.

hukunamatata

' HE  WHO  HESITATES  IS  LUNCH'
4Synergy
on 11/14/11 1:58 am - Chester, VA
Topic: RE: July 20'ers Out There
I know!!  I have stayed away too long as well.  I had to have a total knee replacement in Dec. 2010.  Was out of work for about 4 months to heal.  Gained weight during that time.  Now, trying to figure out how I gained it!  My eating habits are "bad" in that since the bypass ... I have never been able to eat more than one of "our size" meals a day.  I prefer to drink my CIB, even though its been over 4 years since the surgery.  Now, just trying to figure out how to loose what I gained.  Perhaps I should go back on the liver-shrinking diet and start there???  I don't look bad ... I just want to back to 150lbs.
cypanther
on 7/22/11 12:12 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: July 20'ers Out There
 I can't believe I strayed away from this site. Now it's 2011.  Still working on toning that skin and trying to maintain a health lifestyle. It's been hard to adjust to my last years in college and excersising and eating. I'm about ten pounds over my goal weight but I'm slowly making a comeback. 

How are you doing in 2011 4Synergy?
4Synergy
on 7/18/11 1:09 am - Chester, VA
Topic: Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
Has anyone out there gone back to the Liver Shrinking Diet we were on prior to surgery ... to help with weight gain in your 3rd or 4th year out from surgery?

Did it help?
4Synergy
on 7/13/11 4:14 am - Chester, VA
Topic: RE: Three years later and 25 lbs heavier!
Well, I am definitely in with you guys!  I never really reached my goal of 150 lbs so "working out" with you all will only help me. 

I was going to go back to the "Liver Shrinking diet that my surgeon had me on 2 weeks prior to the GB.  Not sure if you all are familiar with it ... but you drink a LOT of liquids, you only eat one sandwich a day, one piece of fruit, and Carnation Instant Breakfast (or whatever protein drik you choose) for about 2 - 3 weeks.

It can only help us "jolt" our metabolism and get back to where we were.

Anyone else have any thoughts or should we consult a nutritionalist that specializes in Nutrition ofr GB patients?

Let me know.
4Synergy
on 7/13/11 4:05 am - Chester, VA
Topic: July 23rd - Surgi-versary

Well, its been ANOTHER year --- going on that 4 year Surgiversary!  July 23rd is my day!  Life continues to be a journey folks!  Guess I am a work in progress.

Back in November 2009 ... I had the abdomenplasty ... removed ALL the excess skin from my waist.
It was a truly wonderful experience.  I had NO complicatiions and healed nicely!

Since then, my knees (initial co-morbidity) started hurting again.  I had been suffering with Degenerative Joint disease and had little to no cartlidge in my knees.

WELL, December 13, 2011, I had a Total Right Knee Replacement.  WOW... what a difference it has made.  Surgery went well, rehab was a challenge at first, then it got easier.

I have not weighed myself ... last time I did I was at 162 pounds ... I am still in a size 6...my size 8 pants are a nice fit for work.  I noticed that my body-weight started shifting -- ...being sedentary for almost four months was hard on me mentally, moreso than physically...because I live a super-active lifestyle. I may have gained a pound or two during my recup time.

The good news is that I am back on roller skates, will be going back to skating at least three times a week...in addition, I travel the U.S. to skate ... so I will be back on the "circuit". 

Meanwhile, I will be going back to the Liver-Shrinking diet I was initially on before the GB, to help me "cleanse" my system ... I had to go back to taking a lot of pain meds, etc..during these last two surgeries and I don't like the way my body feels...I think this 2-3 week cleansing will make a difference.

I continue to drink more than I eat ... and I bascially eat to sustain life, not to celebrate or to fill a void. 
I don't get "head-hungry" and I have not gone back to any of the old eating habits that I had prior to the GB.  Skim Milk on ice continues to be my favorite!  Heating my skim milk and having my packet of Carnation Instant Breakfast (milk chocolate flavored) continues to be my meal of preference.

SarahF
on 7/10/11 6:09 am - Braintree, MA
I just realized this post is a year old! 
SarahF
on 7/10/11 6:08 am - Braintree, MA
I started taking Paxil and I'm 27 lbs heavier now!  I'm eating exactly the same and the numbers and the scale keep climbing.  I'm freaking out!

Tiffany S.
on 6/22/11 3:42 pm - CA
Topic: RE: Monavie update and a little information :-)
I recently tasted the Monavie Protein drink Reveal and was so pleased.  Still two years after my surgery I did not keep up with the proteins, they made me sick, tasted like cake batter. Tried this a few weeks ago and I am hooked.. Although pricey I am attempting to buying some more.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 621 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1372 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 926 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 804 views