Recent Posts

aimee43
on 9/12/09 4:34 pm
Topic: RE: Plastics anyone??
Hi Nanette, I was online this evening looking for women that have had a TT and came across your post. I'm scheduled to have mine on 10/2 and I'm very nervous. Your post made me feel a little better. I'm really concerned about the pain after wards. I'm not a wimp but I hope it's not too bad. The surgeon said "it'll be about 2 wks till you feel human again". That' kind of scared me. After it was all said and done, are you glad you went through it?  Thanks, Amy 
H A.
on 6/12/09 7:06 am - NOR CAL, CA
Topic: RE: 2 years out - July 23rd Surgiversary
"Love the skin that I'm in" good words to live by.

I've loved hearing about your success.

Heidi

Nanette B.
on 6/11/09 1:15 pm - Allen, TX
Topic: RE: Hello Everyone
Hey gang!  It HAS been a while...I quit coming to site as much as I once did, it seems I just got wrapped up in other things as weight loss FINALLY toook a back seat topic for the first time in my life!  Don't get me wrong, it's still in my top 5, but not #1!! 

I float right around 150-155 and can keep myself there fairly easily.  Have been as low as 147, but not consistently there.  My surgery weight was around 280, my highest ever was around 311.  I feel great and I have never had any complications.  I have had a breast lift and a tummy tuck...both done at the same time in November of 2008.  It was a great decision for me and really helped me to get the last bit of weight off!!  It made a huge difference in my self esteem.

In pants I wear a size 8, some 10's and some 6's...shirts, mostly mediums, some large and some smalls...it all just depends.  Sizes are so inconsistent!!!

I feel great and love to shop!!  It's good to hear from all of you.  I am faithful with my supplements and am anxious to have my two-year bloodwork just to confirm that I am doing as good as I think I am.  This was still the best decision I ever made!!

Take care!

Nanette
4Synergy
on 6/1/09 2:39 am - Chester, VA
Topic: RE: July 9,2007
Hi Michelle ( my surgery date was July 23, 2007)
I am with you lady!!!
I will have to sit down and write down what I have learned - and I will come back and blog.
Yep, the hard way - is how we've come this far - but it was so worth it.
~Synergy
4Synergy
on 6/1/09 2:34 am - Chester, VA
Topic: RE: OMG I still look like [email protected]
Get back on track - that is what you are good at.  You must be good at it - YOU GOT THIS FAR.
No pitty-party today - CIB is the next best place to start.

Hang in there - you are NEVER alone - you've got sista-girls - all around you.  I am one.

Stay the course my dear.

Synergy
4Synergy
on 6/1/09 2:30 am - Chester, VA
Topic: 2 years out - July 23rd Surgiversary
Its been a minute - I am at an average of 150 - 155lbs - any given week ... been this way for months.  Not sure if anymore will come off.  I am HAPPY & HEALTHY.  A size 6 is where I am and for that I am blessed. 

My ultimate goal - is to finish what has been started .... I would love to have a total body lift & a breast lift. 

If not, I have decided to LOVE THE SKIN THAT I AM IN!  and keep it movin.
4Synergy
on 6/1/09 2:27 am - Chester, VA
Topic: RE: 5-day Pouch Test beginning Monday...anyone wanna join?
WOW - team, its been a minute but I am still keepin it on track.
I bridge between 150 & 155 lbs per week.  Its not hard - I don't get "head-hungry" - but I get "head-snack-attacks".  When I feel that need to chew or crunch something - I grab celery or something like that - the free food stuff.

When all else fails with the pouch test - I turn to CIB twice day, increase my other liquid intake, and try to maximize my protein.

Stay away from the "head-hungries" and you can do this.  My dream is a total body lift & a breast enhancement.  I am not financially set for that - to-date - but as with anything that I have ever really wanted - I saved for it.

Who knows - maybe somewhere along the way - I will find someone to help with the fund and take me over the top.

IF not, then I have agreed to "enjoy the rest of my life and LOVE THE SKIN THAT I AM IN!

WE have succeeded no matter which way it goes.
4Synergy
on 6/1/09 2:14 am - Chester, VA
Topic: RE: July 20'ers Out There
Hey Lady,
I am with you - the skin is horrible for me. Though I am a HAPPY size 6 - I am not happy with these "squish-ies" ... that is what I call the excess skin spots.  My upper-under-arms, inner thighs, the area I think is suppose to be my butt (lower cheeks) and those beloved "breasts" that disappeared - early on.

I need about $12000 to make my dreams come true - total body skin removal and a slight breat lift.  (smile)

To the gastric bypass - I say - I would do it again TEN TIMES!! I am grateful and healthy and I wouldn't give that up for anything.  However, the desire to "clean-up" the skin and finish polishing up the job - is my dream.
~Synergy
sallyone
on 5/25/09 2:30 am - DIberville, MS
 Hi it seems like so long since I have last been here... 

I had surgery on 7/31/07... my consult weight was 395 lbs,,,my highest weight was 405 lbs... today I am at 214 lbs.   I got down to 194 for about 1 day.   I had some problems with my back in November and it basically had me bed bound from November till surgery at the end of January... and no excercise till April... so I really need to get my booty back in shape again. 

I can eat more than I could before, and I seem to do just that... I need to get my portion control back in check... along with the sweet stuff that I try to eat back in check too.

I am usually constipated so eatting a bit of sweets is keeping me regular, so I hate to give up on alot of that stuff, as bad as it sounds.

I would love to get to my goal weight of 190, I would really love to be below that weight but we will see.  I would love to have plastics done too... I need a new tummy, thighs, arms and boobies... :-) 

So I guess that is my wish list... LOL  I am going to try and come here more often, I really need the support to get my booty back on track.

HUGS TO ALL and congratulations on all your successes.

Susan

H A.
on 5/5/09 4:54 am - NOR CAL, CA
Yes you are doing fantastic.

I think being scared is good. Stared straight so to speak. I want to be on my toes all the time. But we have to remember where we came from and don't be too hard on ourselves.

I just started back on my workout routine after blowing it off for about 3 weeks. I can tell the difference. I'm back to 4x - 30 minutes minimum.

Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views