Getting nervous

Ali M.
on 6/23/03 1:17 am - Carrollton, TX
Hi all, I had my surgery October 1, 2002. I have lost 75# putting me at 179 and still have 35ish# to lose. I've been at this weight for about 6 weeks now and am getting nervous that this is all there is. I've increased my water, and gone back to protein supplements which causes me to lose a pound or two to have it revisit sometimes even within a week. My exercise has been sporadic. I've been much more active, swimming and playing water volleyball a lot, as well as taking my puppy for walks. But, my official "get on the treadmill" time has been few and far between. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? Anyone know anyone that has stopped losing this early? Also, I'd like to have a tummy tuck done to get this stomach off of me, but I'm getting mixed information on when I should have this done. Some are saying to go ahead and have it done. Others are saying to wait until I'm within 15#s of goal weight. Still others are saying that I should wait until 18 mos after surgery. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any responses would be appreciated.
Want2bslim
on 6/27/03 6:17 am - Montgomery, AL
Ali, I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. I had my surgery on 10/8/02, and my weight loss has plateaued this month. First real plateau I've had, but it's very frustrating. I know I'm "grazing" too much and I know what I've got to do. Most of the time, we do know what we're doing wrong. I've got at least 50 lbs. left to lose. I think once you get to a certain point, you have to work harder at getting the weight off. Up until now, it's been pretty easy. Good luck!
Most Active