Lost but now gaining..........

Amanda D.
on 11/30/03 4:05 am - Chicago, IL
I lost 70lbs the first six months and held steady for the next three. Upon my first year anniversary I'd gained a few pounds. I started at 257lbs with a goal of 150lbs. I was 190lbs in March. Today I weigh 204lbs which means I've gained 14lbs. Has anyone else experienced this? I have to get back on track but I am very scared. I hope to reach goal by July 5th my birthday. Is a 54lb weight loss realistic in seven months?
Kelly N.
on 12/18/03 12:27 am - Glasgow, KY
Hello, I also lost 70lbs first 6 months, now 14 months I can not seem to lose any more. I go up and then down by 5lbs. I hope to lose 20 more.
dianna R.
on 1/11/04 10:09 am - norwalk, oh
Hi i too have lost about 88 pounds and now i am having a hard time losing any more...I would like to talk to you more some time about this email me at [email protected]
Happy 2.
on 2/6/04 10:50 am - Suisun/Travis AFB, CA
I had my surgery on Oct 03. I am a year after you all. You are scaring me. Is this going to happen to me too? Do you exercise? I am not very complient right now with my eating habits although I don't eat much. It is mostly protien. I do have bites of bad stuff though. I had been exercising, but stopped last week when we had a family crisis. I'm starting back tomorrow. Karen
proudmary71
on 2/7/04 11:58 am - Liberty, KY
You remind me of me. I had my surgery 10-4-02 and lost 70 lbs the first 6 or 7 months and stopped. I have not lost anymore and I play up and down on 5 lbs. It scares me that I don't seem to lose anymore. Bread does not hurt me neither do sweets. I hope you have started back to losing now. email me when you get time. Good Luck Mary from Ky
Susan H.
on 5/23/04 11:44 pm - Siler City, NC
Had surgery on Oct 7, 2002. Lost 101 lbs during my first year. Lately I have gained 19 lbs. Recently got back on protein first plan and I am dropping weight again now. I know my problem was cookies every night. I did not eat many cookies before surgery! I think this just goes to show us that surgery is our weight loss TOOL not CURE! I know we can all do it. Stick to protein, lay off the carbs and exercise. Seems so simple but old habits do come back. Especially when sweets do not bother you! Best wishes to all.
Ali M.
on 6/22/04 1:11 am - Carrollton, TX
I too lost 93# in 14 months and have now gained 14# back. I'm FREAKING OUT!! I've decided to train to run a 5K hoping that will help keep me motivated to run. I also have taken up the South Beach diet. I'll let y'all know if that helps reverse this trend. I realize now that I approached this surgery all wrong. I think I really thought that it was a cure. Even though I talked the right talk, I wasn't walking the right walk. It was a real surprise to me that I was going to have to diet and exercise like the rest of the world.
Christine H.
on 6/28/04 2:36 pm - Olathe, KS
Thank you, I'm not alone! My surgery date was Oct. 21, 2002. I lost 170# and have so far gained 13 back in the last 2 months. I am right now 265# and was hoping to get under 250#, not start gaining it back before reaching my goal. I've complained to my surgeon since the very beginning that I can "really put it away" His response was always, "well, you're losing weight aren't you?" That was fine and dandy until now, when my window has closed and I'm putting the weight back on. How are you all dealing with this? I'm just depressed and feel doomed! If anyone wants to chat, my email is [email protected]
Schatzie1
on 11/9/04 7:14 am - Somewhere in, pa
Hi I think I have a problem that is much worse I had my surg oct 2, 2002 and I weighed 359 I went down to 219 and now im back up to 240 im sick of myself I ant believe I have gained this much weight I eat like there is no tomorrow . Somebody tell me what is my problem I am a failure and I am gaining my weight back.
Pamela H.
on 1/20/05 5:48 am - Palm Bay, FL
I had my surgery 10/15/2002. I weighed 256 lbs at that time although my high was 283. In august, I weighed 124 lbs which I was happy with. Others, such as my doctors and family were not. I was told I had to gain back up to a minimum of 130. I now weigh 135 and it is scaring me too because now that I have gotten use to being back on carbs and yes, junk food, I am too gaining weight. I need to get back on program but am finding it very difficult to do. As for your weight loss, I lost extremely slow. I use to get so discouraged when comparing my self to others. It took me 8 months to hit the 100 lbs lost mark. Just be patient. It will come off.
Most Active