Recent Posts

Patricia H.
on 5/21/03 6:07 am - OR
Topic: RE: July 2nd for me
Guess what? I'm no longer July 2nd. Just go a call I'm now June 4th so it looks like I'm moving to a different board. My best wishes to all of you who are still July. Patricia
TheresaC
on 5/21/03 4:03 am - Me
Topic: RE: July 2nd for me
Wow, July 2nd is coming right up. Looks like out of everyone that has posted you are the first in July. Good luck!
Paula B.
on 5/21/03 3:24 am - Troup, TX
Topic: RE: Hi Fellow Julys!
My date is 07-25-03. I can't wait..... I have been dieting and getting ready for the changes. I stopped drinking sodas on May 1st. I have been drinking 64 oz of water for the last 5 days. I have been trying to cut out sweets. like ice cream. I went for a check-up with my PCP and lost 3 lbs in a week after cutting out my sodas. That sure motivated me. Good luck to all you July people. * hugs and prayers*
Sheryl Y.
on 5/20/03 10:43 am - Simi Valley, CA
Topic: RE: Hi Fellow Julys!
Well my date is July 31st, so I've got even longer to go then you, but I like you, find myself eating anything I want lately, and I think my mind set is because I know there are going to be things I won't be able to eat after surgery....I'm sure I'm gaining weight as well, I'm not bothering to weigh in at this point. I know that's not much of an answer, but at least you know someone else is going thru what you are....LOL.....
Patricia H.
on 5/19/03 5:52 pm - OR
Topic: July 2nd for me
My date is July 2nd and I'm counting the days. It has been such crazy journey, this is my third date as they keep getting changed for various reasons. I hope this one sticks. Patricia
deanaferrari
on 5/19/03 12:29 pm - Lake Stevens, WA
Topic: RE: Local PCP
Hi - sorry - me again. I forgot to include my e-mail address: [email protected]. Thank you.
deanaferrari
on 5/19/03 12:28 pm - Lake Stevens, WA
Topic: Local PCP
I'm looking to find a good doctor to provide the follow-up care I'll need when I get back from Mexico (where I'm having open RNY). I have been thinking and researching about wls for 3 years now, but since my personal doctor is diabolically opposed to surgery, and my insurance absolutely excludes any treatments for weight loss, including surgery, I pretty much decided not to have the surgery. A few months ago, I stumbled upon this website and got my hopes up again. PCP still disapproves and insurance still excludes, but I found a way to afford it with Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada, MX. I can't wait. However, I keep coming back to my personal doctor's disapproval. I have decided I'd like to change doctors and if any of you know of a supportive and understanding doctor who'll provide follow-up care, could you please e-mail me and let me know? I live in Everett, WA, but I will go as far north as Stanwood, as far south as Lynnwood, and as far east as Snohomish. Please let me know if you know of someone. I very much appreciate the support from this site. 67 days and counting 'til my wake-up. Hugs to all.
V R.
on 5/19/03 8:20 am - Zion, IL
Topic: RE: worried
Hi Theresa... I have my surgery on July 8,2003. I understand that You don't want to delay... your WLS but, do what the Dr says. There only acting you best interest.
V R.
on 5/19/03 8:11 am - Zion, IL
Topic: RE: Hello to all you July pre ops
Hi, I know what you mean... I'm July 8,2003... getting very excited. Lots to do
Deborah B.
on 5/19/03 4:23 am - Cincinnati, OH
Topic: RE: Hello to all you July pre ops
Just got my surgery date and I am a July baby too. July 15th seems like an eternity now. I am scared but at the same time I am so excited. I read all I can. I don't want to blow this chance. Like someone else said my biggest fear is not of the surgery but about not eating right, not getting enough proteins, those kind of things. I would have to drive to the other side of town to join the support group so I am drafting you guys as my support group. Seeya later. Debbie (ok let me see if I can do this right) RNY 7/15/03 280/-0 so far. (lol) That was my first time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views