Recent Posts

pamwhite
on 5/19/03 1:45 am - Rock Hill, SC
Topic: RE: Hello to all you July pre ops
Hi everyone! My surgery date is July 8th too!! Looks like I will have great company that day Im not worried so much about the surgery as I am about when I come home and my food choices. Just want to make sure I start off on the right foot ya know? Gonna concentrate on having my house in order in time for surgery, and with 3 kids (the DB is the biggest kid) its gonna take me that long to get there. Congrats to all of you July babies
JUNE P.
on 5/19/03 1:34 am - BALTIMORE, MD
Topic: I'm a "July" babe! Balto. MD
Hey love, my rebirth date is July 17, 2003. I am so excited for all of us I can't wait until the big day! I also hope we stay in touch - maybe we'll have something in common to talk about. Gotta love yall God bless!
Char G.
on 5/18/03 7:52 pm - Tempe, AZ
Topic: RE: Hi Fellow Julys!
Hello to all my fellow July peeps! I have lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks. I have eaten almost anything I want. I have been exercising and weight lifting 6 days a week. So, Yeah, I am no miracle by any means. I am kicking butt at the gym and it is working. I am going on the theory that the more muscle I have now will help take my weight down after surgery which for me is going to be Jul 23, 2003. (So everyboby mark your canlendar!!!!lol) I like this format. I am finding it more relavant. Chat with you all later.
TheresaC
on 5/18/03 5:10 pm - Me
Topic: worried
My surgeon said that if my gallbladder is deseased or has stones he will take it out at the time of surgery, well I am starting to have more then just a bit of pain in that area. Over the weekend the pain keeps coming more often then ever before. When I bend over it feels like I am squooshing it. Anyone ever have that? Well, my fear is that it will need to come out before my wls on July 15th. I hope that this would not postpone my wls. Is there such a thing as having to many surgeries in a short time span. If it needs to come out, I want it done NOW, so as not to interfere with my July 15th date. Our family is so busy right now though, 2 of the children have games 4 to 5 nights a week. Both are in the upcoming school play. End of school is soon, we have to get my oldest ready for juniorhigh. Gosh, more then I thought. PLUS we have 3 camping trips on the calendar. I don't have time to fit in a gallbladder surgery. LOL
TheresaC
on 5/18/03 5:06 pm - Me
Topic: RE: Hi Fellow Julys!
Ever since I started this journey DH has been taking me out to eat ALOT. Something that we rarely did before because we have 4 children, 2 of which are 20 months. I have gotten so tired of the things I use to love. DH laughed today when I kept saying no to all the places he was suggesting we go. If my BMI were higher I would not have been going out to eat like I have been, not sure that makes me lucky or not. lol I am hoping I am so sick of all my fav foods I wont miss them by the time my surgery comes up. We are going camping the week before my surgery. The first few days after getting back are always the most hectic, but when they gave me the date I wasn't about to say NO! LOL Mom will be staying with the kids while I am in the hospital, knowing her the house will be the cleanest it has been since the twins were born. **im not complaining about this ***grins
Linda D.
on 5/18/03 3:33 pm - Saugus, CA
Topic: Hi Fellow Julys!
My date is July 8 also. I am very excited! I have so much support from family and friends! You all have talked about something I was thinking about and that is: Should I or should I not enjoy the foods now that I won't be able to enjoy after the surgery? Is it "better" to sort of get with the program ahead of time or will I just be depriving myself unnecessarily? I have been trying not to binge but I have been eating pretty much what I want and I have gained a few more unwanted pounds.
Kellie B.
on 5/18/03 8:18 am - Slidell, LA
Hello to everyone. I just found out my date for surgery and it is July 7th. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Everyone tells me that you are going to be ok and that not to worry about anything. I just can't wait to get it over with. I do plan on going to some of my favorite restaurants before my surgery. I wish all of you luck and hope everything goes well for everyone.
Jo M.
on 5/18/03 1:04 am - Rochester, NY
Topic: RE: 50 Days!
I am a week behind you and going crazy, too!!!! I think all you can do is try to change eating styles and work out your plan of attack for how to deal with stress when eating isn't an option ... oh yeah and enjoy the wait... I am trying to think of it like I do Christmas anticipation!
Beaumom
on 5/17/03 12:42 pm - Green Bay, WI
Hi fellow pre-ops, I'm feeling amazingly calm despite the date getting closer. Of course work has been crazy so that's helped. I keep thinking of all I have to get done there...that I haven't even started to think about what I need to do for me. I'm a list person so I'm sure I'll start a list soon. To think I used to laugh at my mother when she made lists! I've become my mother. Part of me wants to try some foods "for one last time", but I'm in so much pain trying to move that I really don't care, I want the surgery more. I did have a wonderful meal of asparagus fresh from my parents garden today. First of the year. Mmmm! Mom also made a rhubarb custard pie that I shared with co-workers. I'm going to miss fresh corn on the cob. With surgery on July 3rd, no picnics for me this year. My final pre-op testing an appt with the surgeon doesn't start until 6/19. THEN I'll start to believe it's really happening.
Valerie H.
on 5/17/03 10:15 am - Auburn, GA
hi! i am july 8th, i wish u well and the best of luck valerie-
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views