Recent Posts

princesssharon35
on 8/27/10 12:34 am
Topic: RE: Had recent Stomaphyx
Hi Angie,

I am now conteplating having the Stomaphyx and wanted to check in with you to see what you thought of it after a couple years out. 

Hope all is well with you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Princess
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/10 8:23 am
Topic: RE: I can't drink like I use too!
I was advised not to drink after RNY. We absore the alcohol way too fast for us to process.  I didn't listen mainly because I was not a big drinker at the time.  Well after loosing a ton of weight and having the necessary cosmetic surgery I began to date. With that came the dinners with wine, the night clubs with ****tails etc . I went down hill from there. We already have addiction issues so when we take away the food and add the booze, it's not a huge leap to become alcoholic.  It will put weight on you too, and very quickly.  Since you asked for adivise, I would suggest you to stay away from alcohol altogether.  Good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/10 6:25 am
robkreft
on 12/28/09 3:03 am - MI
Topic: Plateau and gains and losses
Well it has been forever since I posted last.  I have lost two people as u can tell from my pic in my profile.  I love everything about the life I got back.  I do gain and lose a lot over past year.  I was at 220 for a minute.  I was at 270 but now at 258.  I am back on track now.  Getting new membership to Lifetime Fitness.  I did best when I was at gym 2-3 times a week.  I wanna be at 200 or less to be completely happy.

I miss posting and will do so more often everyone.

Rob
reenieb
on 6/9/09 9:40 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Angie, please respond to this post, it's very important - did you lose weight with the Stomaphyx and if so, have you been able to keep it off? Please let us know - thanks. Maureen
reenieb
on 6/9/09 9:39 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Nope, never heard back. Keep researching - I certifiably believe that none of the endoscopic procedures work - period. Do not pursue the Stomaphyx, Rose, or any of the like. I am maintaining my weight at between 155 and 160 and am trying very hard to focus my energy on eating healthily and working out regularly. This is the only "miracle" fix to keeping the weight off. Best of luck, Maureen
muggag
on 6/9/09 8:51 pm - Posen, MI
Maureen:  Did you get an answer back from Angie?  I too had surgery in 2004.  I really would have liked to lose a little more than what I did but on top of that I have gained back 20 pounds.  I am thinking of having the Stomaphyx or something.  I have had 2 sclerotherapy''s but it has not helped me remove the extra weight.  I sure would appreciate a response.  My personal e-mail is [email protected].  Thanks for reading this.
reenieb
on 3/13/09 4:18 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi Angie, I just found your post; I am looking at various boards to find some help with my weight regain. I had surgery in 2004 and have gained back 18 lbs. from my lowest weight - I'm terrified. I can eat anything now, in any quantity. My question to you: has the results of your Stomaphyx remained? Were you successfull in getting your regained weight off and now in keeping it off? I have not heard that this procedure is successful, in fact quite the opposite. Please tell me where you're at with this, Thanks, I really appreciate it. Maureen
lashawnstewart
on 2/11/09 1:20 am - oklahoma city, OK
Topic: RE: What do I do?????
When I wrote this I was at 287. I just gave up. I am now at 311. I still eat a small amount of food but I crave sweets like a mad person. And that is putting it lightly. The last year has been out of control emotionally. Lost my sister and got a divorce. so I didn't care about anything. Then wls people started coming into my life again. And they have done well. What a rude awakening. Now my son is 14 and is overweight. He doesn't act like it (he's an athlete & let's no one beat him). But he is very big for a 14 year old. I want both of us to live. Your post was riveting. I sat with tears in my eyes wondering what to do. I JUST WISH I COULD MAKE BETTER CHOICES!!!!!!
Renita Kaye T.
on 11/30/08 2:45 am - Denver, CO
Hi, I live in Colorado and had my surgery 2003 and have gained 13 lbs.  I'm still not at my goal weight yet of 130.  Would like to know more about this procedure.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views