Recent Posts

Linda W.
on 11/15/09 4:40 pm - Warrenton, Ga
Topic: 7 years out and doing great
Hi, just wanted to say my surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself. I am one of the lucky ones, no complications, bad side effects. Have gained a few pounds in the past but realized that I can control that. Have recently lost weight so am at my lowest weight in 30 years, weigh less now at almost 48 than I did at 16!

That puts me at a tot loss of 183. I am proof that you can succeed!!
jschindler
on 4/9/08 2:18 am - West Carrollton, OH
Topic: RE: Looking for encouragement
You know what, I have said this over and over and need to listen to myself also. First congradulations!!!! I also had surgery Nov of 2002. 5 1/2 years later I am 22 lbs heavier. They say most gain about that but I don't want it. We all know the truth. Protein, green veggies, lite yogurt. NOT starches or sugar. Remember what and how much we ate in the beginning???? Do it again!!!!! Use the tool you were given it works!!!!! Over the summer I stuck to the above items and dropped the lbs like crazy!! We just have to remember its a tool and if we use it correctly it works!!!! Start today!!!! You are beautiful and want to wear those loose clothes again!!!!! Good Luck!!!
jschindler
on 4/9/08 2:10 am - West Carrollton, OH
Topic: RE: almost 5 years out
You go guy!!!!! Eating right aren't you!!!!! Never stop!!!!
jschindler
on 4/9/08 2:08 am - West Carrollton, OH
Topic: RE: I need help - I am gaining soooo fast
Ok you guys! We all know exactly what we are doing. I am out 5 1/2 years also. I have gained 22lbs. Last summer for my sons wedding I went back on the right foods and guess what???? Yes, it came right back off!!!! Over the winter I started grazing on carbs and sugars and yes its back!!!! Get back on the green vegies, protein, light yogurt!!!! We all know its not a mystery we just don't want to face it. I was told 20-25 lbs was a normal gain by this time but I also know people who eat correctly to this day and haven't gained anything. The honeymoon period of people saying you look great is over so we slip back into our old ways. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!! START TODAY!!!! We have to love ourselves and those small clothes and not having foot and leg pain!!!!
Ray S.
on 1/16/08 2:14 am - orlando, fl
Im going to forward your email to my wife she is the food guru and would be more than glad to help you her name is jen and you can reach her at [email protected]
Jayde
on 1/4/08 1:31 am - Albany, NY
Topic: SLIDER FOODS: DOES ANYONE HAVE A LIST?
Hello, I saw an article on this site about "slider" foods. Does anyone have any additional insight or a list of slider foods? Here are two things I wonder about: soup cereal Thanks! Jayde
kajunblues
on 1/3/08 4:26 am - Wayne, MI
I so hear what ya'll are saying about gaining weight. My surgery was on 11/4/02. Ilost from 230 to 118 in no time flat. I looked horribly ill. I was soooooooooooo skinny. So like a dummy I decreased my protein and raised my carbs to try and gain a little back. I was told by more than one person and even had one of my vendors ask my boss if I had cancer Ilooked so ill and skinny. I am 5' 7. Well low and behold I gained back to 158 pounds and went from a size 4 to a full 12. I MUST LOSE SOME OF THIS WEIGHT AGAIN...My knees are hurting again and I feel bloated and stuffed all of the time. I just can't seem to get on the right track. I am working at a job now where I walk a minimum of 6 miles a day. So that should help... If any one would like to have a buddy system via email I would love to talk to others in the same boat and get some ideas. Sherrill [email protected]
Jayde
on 1/2/08 2:06 pm - Albany, NY
Hi Ray, I had surgery in Nov 2002....I, unfortunately, have gained back almost 50% of my weight. Can you let me know a few sample menus of what you eat in a typical day? Thanks! Jayde ;-)
Jayde
on 1/2/08 2:00 pm - Albany, NY
Hi, I am in the same boat...I had surgery in 2002...and have gained back 60 lbs. I am sick about it!! I did read something about "slider" foods..I would like to get more info on what foods are considered "slider" foods. I think I am clearly eating TOO many carbs, and am grazing all day as I never feel satisfied...I always feel hungry. Let's support each other! Jayde 8-)
Temeron
on 11/16/07 7:55 pm - Post Falls, ID
Linda: I know this reply is late in coming, I have not been on the boards in quite some time. I too am 5 years (and 4 days) out and have gained some weight back. I think the total is about 40 pounds over the last 2 years. At first I didn't worry about a couple of pounds (I should have!) and then it seemed like it snowballed from there. I am nowhere NEAR what I was (I had lost 123 lbs total) but I am in a lot bigger size than I want or need to be. What I am trying to do at this point is to get back to the basics. I slacked off badly on watching my protein, on my water intake and on my exercise. Right now the exercise is about out as I have just found out I have torn cartilage behind my left kneecap, so until that is fixed, walking and stuff is out. Getting back into a decent eating program (I don't eat near enough, with this surgery you HAVE to eat to lose) and upping my water and protein intake should help a little anyway. I live clear across the US from you but am more than willing to be an email buddy for support. Send me a private message and I will respond and we can go from there. I also have unlimited FREE long distance on my cell phone if you need to hear a friendly voice!
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 528 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1061 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 637 views