Recent Posts

S T.
on 6/6/06 9:55 am
Topic: RE: 3 1/2 Years Post-Op and Gaining -- HELP!!!
me too!!!!!!!!!!Is there any hope for us? Carla
MichiganWLS
on 5/29/06 1:55 pm
Topic: 3 1/2 Years Post-Op and Gaining -- HELP!!!
I had open-RNY surgery in November, 2002. That makes me 3 1/2 years post-op! WOW, where has the time gone? I have found that I am able to eat more then I think I should be. I haven't been keeping myself accountable and it has shown. I have really let emotional eating take over for me in the last 8 months as several (and I mean several) stressful events have happened in my personal and family life. I eat when I'm anxious, sad, stressed, worried and even when I'm happy. It doesn't matter if I'm not "feeling" hungry, I find myself grazing. In fact, when I think about how I never reached my goal and how I've gained weight, it only makes me feel like I want to eat. And exercise? What's that? I haven't exercised since February. My original weight loss goal may have been a tad unrealistic, however I didn't maintain the awesome weight loss I achieved... I've gained about about 20 lbs. back of my original 140 lb. loss!!! And now instead of being 20 lbs. away from my original goal... I'm 40!!!! That is simply unacceptable. I need help! I've run out of ideas for meals. I can't eat fish, and I RARELY eat beef. In fact, today was the first time in a long time that I've had beef and I ended up getting nauseaus on it!!! I need ideas on a daily eating plan for someone who eats mostly eggs, chicken, turkey and cheese. If anyone has some sample, daily meal plans to go off to kick start my weight loss again, PLEASE HELP! I'm SO desperate at this point... I feel like a sinking ship! Heidi Open-RNY 11/8/2002 305/183/140
Ms Jean
on 11/25/05 8:56 pm - Mid, MI
Topic: RE: 29 months post op w pic
Wow, look at you!!!! you look so much younger than you before picture!! & your plastics surgery really shows great results. Congratulations and keep up the good work. Jean
Ms Jean
on 11/25/05 8:50 pm - Mid, MI
Topic: RE: Happy Anniversary!!!
Happy Anniversary to you too Amy. It is good to know that you are doing well three years out. Jean
Janet H.
on 11/13/05 5:55 am - Baltimore, MD
We must have had our surgery around the same time. I'm almost 3 years out and am still doing well. I've lost 200 pounds and I feel great about it. I had PS last year and am having some residual pain that isn't unusual, but otherwise I feel very blessed. I hope that you are in good health, and that you continue with your success. Janet H.
S T.
on 11/11/05 8:55 am
Dear Amy, Congratulations on your weight loss. And, it is so wonderful that your life has changed for the better. God Bless.
JLP9805
on 11/8/05 10:20 am - MI
Topic: RE: Disappointed in myself
Hi Cecile... I too have had a baby since RNY. I just had her in Aug. I had surgery in Nov 2002 and was 387 the day of surgery. I have lost 140 lbs and still want to lost about 70-80 more. I am having a hard time since giving birth to my daughter. How are you doing? Jen P
Ken H.
on 11/4/05 10:56 pm - Mesa, AZ
Topic: RE: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!
Well J, Im so glad to have meet you and to see the transformation what I saw of your pictures before and Im really happy for you and I hope you continue your Success in everything you do in life. hugs from me to you hun. Take care Love & Friendship Ken Happy 2 year Anniversary...
Amy Hoffman
on 11/3/05 1:26 am - Suffolk, VA
Topic: Happy Anniversary!!!
It's been 3 years. Where has the time gone? I hope that everyone is doing good and maintaining. Another year down and many more to go.
Carol V.
on 5/3/05 2:44 am - Washington, IA
Topic: RE: 29 months post op w pic
Wow, LOOK AT YOU!! You are BEAUTIFUL, you were even before WLS, but look at you now!! GOOD FOR YOU, you are living life to the fullest and enjoying all the hard work you have put forth. Way to go and my best to you and yours! Love all the positive changes in my life too, and shopping...well, GOTTA LOVE IT NOW!! I also have a 5 pound fluctuation range and still take all my vitamins and shakes. I have had plastics and they have made a huge difference in my body. Thanks for sharing your update. Carol V.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 529 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1063 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 639 views