Recent Posts

qkarinb
on 6/22/03 12:10 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: RE: Hello fellow 11-2002 WLS folks
i am currently at a weight loss "step". not dropping any weight nor any inches, that i can see but im still doing what im doing. i don****ch the scale very often but sometimes you can just tell and Karen, good going. nice to get into those smaller sizes, isnt it?
Debra H.
on 6/19/03 8:01 am - Salem, OR
Topic: RE: Helloooo Out There!!!
Happy to see the rest of my November pals are doing so well! I had open RNY on 11-18-02 with Dr. Snyder in Westminster, CO. I have lost 109 lbs and gone from a 3X to 18's. My comorbidities have pretty much disappeared. This is the thinnest and healthiest I have been in 30 years. I can't believe the difference sometimes. You give up things slowly over so many years that you don't realize what is missing until you get it back. I work out at Curves 3 days a week (LOVE IT!!) and walk the other 4 days. Didn't start to exercise until May, but now I am loving it. Before I was a real couch potatoe and HATED the thought of exercise. My how things change! Even thought I had to self pay, this is the best thing I ever did for myself!!
Sharon F.
on 6/19/03 6:15 am - Katy, TX
Congrads Karen. I had my surgery on 11-06-03. Down 99lbs. 6lbs from goal. This is the best thing I could have done for myself. Started in a size 20-22 now in a 8-10. have a great day!
mom2akj
on 6/17/03 7:17 am - Jacksonville, FL
My surgery was 11/25/02 and I have lost 93 lbs as of last week. I have gone from a size 22/24 to 12 and FINALLY am under 200 lbs!!! (which was my first goal!!) Now I am chasing the 100 lb weight loss mark!! I feel wonderful. Joined Curves in March and have lost 27.5 inches since then!! Unbelievable!! Linda
Donna B.
on 6/14/03 4:49 am - Wever, IA
Hi, My name is Donna Borst and I had my surgery on 11-8-02 in Moline Illinois (I'm from SE Iowa). It was good to hear from people with the same surgery time frame although I am a little depressed as you all have lost more than I have. I've only lost 90 pounds thus far and it's getting to the point where it's a real struggle. However, I've not been walking like I should and I've never been able to drink the water like we're supposed to. I have found that when I stick with protein I lose a lot faster so I'm making a renewed effort to keep up with that. I am down several sizes though and am even wearing shorts this summer! I haven't bought many new clothes cause I know I'll really need new ones in the fall and just don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that I'll only be able to wear for a few months. My friends keep telling me I need to get out of my baggy clothes but they'll just have to wait! I just wanted to touch base and say hi! Donna
Maureen W.
on 6/8/03 1:21 pm - Columbus, Oh
Topic: RE: happy six month anniversary ...
It's nice to know I am not alone. I am scared to death that I am not going to lose another pound and I still have 85-90 more pounds to lose. I had my surgery on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and for the past 3 weeks I have been playing around with 3-4 lbs. First I lose them, then I gain them and then lose them again. It is so depressing.Then I think maybe I lost too fast to begin with because in 6 months I dropped 115 lbs. Please help!!!!!
Maureen W.
on 6/8/03 1:12 pm - Columbus, Oh
Hello Karen, Sounds like things are going good for you. I also had my surgery in November of last year. In my first 6 months I dropped 115 lbs. and for the past 3 weeks I have been yo-yoing with 3-4 lbs. I am getting really discouraged right now because I was hoping to lose more and I feel like I won't now. I tipped the scales at 400 lbs. going into surgery also wearing 5x scrubs to work (I still wear them, they just hang on me now). But I can walk into a NORMAL store and actually find something that fits. That is just wonderful. Hope to hear from you soon, maybe you can send me some tips. Maureen White
Karen J.
on 6/7/03 10:01 am - Taylors, SC
Topic: Hello fellow 11-2002 WLS folks
My name is Karen Jones, I had surgery on 11-13-02 I am down 108lbs. I went from a 5x scrubs and a tight 30-32 pants shirt to a xlarge-2x scrubs and I can wear an 18 jeans. YEPPPPPPPIE. I didn't know this board was here or I would have already posted on it. I made a chat group on AOL for 11-2002 people and noone responded. I also did a email list and that also stopped. Oh well. This is just as good. I have sent in a new pic of myself. I hope it is posted soon. Have a GREAT weekend all. Karen
Carol V.
on 6/6/03 6:08 am - Washington, IA
Topic: RE: Helloooo Out There!!!
Hey there....didn't know this board existed, just found it somehow! I'm doing AWESOME, feeling WONDERFUL!! I have lost 91 pounds and have about 20 more to go. I had an Open RNY 11-15-02 with Dr. Coster, of Grinnell, IA. The weight loss has really slowed down for me, about 2 pounds a week now if I'm lucky, but it's still coming off!!! I have been going to Curves as my committment to exercise, try and get there 3 times a week, for the last 3 months now. I still drink my Isopure protein drink every day and truly eat cottage cheese, beef jerky, peanut butter, or some other high protein snack daily, just as added protein. I love chicken salad but do eat things like pizza once in a while, just really small portions compared to my old "whole pizza"....oh my, how embarrassing!! Anyway, this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. I look forward to beginning to jog with my 14 year old daughter soon, have always wanted to be a jogger, but no way before now! My husband is truly proud of me and has been my biggest cheerleader through it all, even in the beginning when so many were negative about the decision of WLS. No more GERD, no more borderline diabetic, no more joint swelling and aches and pains, no more shortness of breath, no more crying over clothes that don't fit, no more NO periods-never had them on my own, always used medications, now regular!! (Sorry, know that was a bit personal, but just another way my body is getting to NORMAL!!). The list goes on and on....great to have this board, hope more use it regularly. Best to all and Congrats on all your progress so far! Carol
sweetthing107
on 6/5/03 7:45 pm - Beckley, WV
Topic: RE: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Hey!! How do I get a sample copy??
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 529 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1063 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 639 views