Recent Posts

Ms Jean
on 4/17/05 6:00 am - Mid, MI
Topic: 29 months post op w pic
Hey everybody!! Life is good at 29 months (two years, 5 months) post op. I can't believe that it has been that long since my surgery. I thought I would drop in today to say hello and hope that I find everyone doing well. I do not post much on the Michigan board, mostly lurk, but I still cheer for all of your successes. For those of you just starting or new to WLS, I thought I would answer the question "what can life be like three years after WLS?" I have finally settled in and feel comfortable with the new me and my lost pounds. I actually believe that I can keep the weight off for good and that this is not just a temporary phase. When I walk by a mirror now, I expect and am not surprised to see the "thin" me (don't laugh, it took me two years). There are times when my weight fluctuates between 5-7 lbs but I am able to tighten up and pull things back into perspective quite quickly. I still exercise 3-4 times per week, but I do not have time for the really long workouts until weekends, but I am desperately trying to find the time. I do not plan to have any plastic surgery done--may consider a breast job down the line--deflation is a terrible thing. People rarely remember now that I was obese--it is strange, they rarely comment on my weight anymore. I honestly think that my biggest motivator to stay on course is my wardrobe. I love all of the pantsuits and beautiful clothing that I have acquired since losing weight (yes, I love shopping). When I put on something and it is a little tight--I panic and have instant motivation to hit the gym and protein. Those "friends" who had a problem with my weight loss are no longer friends--I have made lots of new friends. My husband finally settled down and realized that I am happy at home and I'm not going anywhere--all of the changes really unsettled him and made him insecure--he is much more attentive and doesn't take things for granted anymore--he is on this toes and very romantic. I have returned to graduate school so life is really busy right now with school on top of a challenging job. I still take my vitamins daily, get a B-12 shot once a month and follow "most" of the pouch rules, still respect the waiting one hour to drink after eating rule. Every blue moon something will disagree with my stomach and I will react (some form of dumping). Restaurants are still a challenge--but I have gotten pretty good at ordering a little and then "sampling" off of my friends and family's plates. Large amounts of foods like buffets just overwhelm me. I have attached a picture--taken today--to the bottom of my profile--just a little "proof" that my world is real and not fantasy I didn't mean to get so long with this post, but I hope that it helps. WLS was the best decision for me. Good luck with all. Jean
CECILE C.
on 4/11/05 2:00 am - DRY PRONG, LA
Topic: RE: Looking for encouragement
Sorry. I was trying to copy my post and paste it on the pregnancy forum that I found and now it won't let me delete this one.
CECILE C.
on 4/11/05 1:53 am - DRY PRONG, LA
Topic: Looking for encouragement
I just found this page and am so glad to have found it. This may sound familier as I replied to Ashley's posting and told her my story prior do doing my own. I decided to post my own because I could really use some input. I had RNY Nov. 2002 one reason was to look and feel better, the other was to get pregnant. I weighed 290lbs before surgery although my highest weight was approx. 320lbs. I am 5'5". Seven months post op I got pregnant. I was delighted. My lowest weight that I had gotten to since surgery was 193 then. I had a great pregnancy with no complications and only gained about 10lbs but after having the baby I thought those pounds would disappear since the baby weighed 8lbs 6 oz. but it didn't. My son will the 1 year old on the 19th of this month and my weight is 215. I have tried and am just very disappointed in myself that I have not even come close to reaching my goal weight (150lbs) and now I just found out that I am pregnant again. I am really excited but just disappointed that I may never come close to being thin. It's weird that while I was pregnant I couldn't hardly eat anything at all but as soon as the baby was born I was soooo hungry and I did eat, and it seems I have been eating ever since. Is there any such thing as having this surgery twice? Even though I still don't eat near what I ate before surgery, I am eating a good bit more than I was able to eat several months after surgery. I am scared that I have stretched my stomach back out and that I will never see 150lbs. Is there anyone out there that has had simular experiance, I mean having kids after RNY. I would do this surgery all over again in a heart beat and am extremely glad that I am no longer 300lbs but I'm scared I will get there again. P.S. the 150 is the high end of the suggested weight range for my height. I think the range was 135 to 150. Please Please don't misunderstand me, I am so happy about being pregnant (hoping for a girl, so I can call it quits) but I am just afraid that I will never lose the excess weight. Please give me some input. Cecile RNY 11-25-2002
CECILE C.
on 4/7/05 6:29 am - DRY PRONG, LA
Topic: Disappointed in myself
I truelly hope there is someone out there that has had a child and/or children since RNY that can encourage me to not give up on my goal. I had RNY Nov. 2002 one reason was to look and feel better, the other was to get pregnant. I weighed 300# before surgery although my highest weight was approx. 320lbs. I am 5'5". Seven months post op I got pregnant. I was delighted. My lowest weight that I had gotten to since surgery was 193 then. I had a great pregnancy with no complications and only gained about 10lbs but after having the baby I thought those pounds would disappear since the baby weighed 8lbs 6 oz. but it didn't. My son will the 1 year old on the 19th of this month and my weight is 212. I have tried and am just very disappointed in myself that I have not even come close to reaching my goal weight (150lbs) and now I just found out that I am pregnant again. I am really excited but just disappointed that I may never come close to being thin. It's weird that while I was pregnant I couldn't hardly eat anything at all but as soon as the baby was born I was soooo hungry and I did eat, and it seems I have been eating ever since. Is there any such thing as having this surgery twice? Even though I still don't eat near what I ate before surgery, I am eating a good bit more than I was able to eat several months after surgery. I am scared that I have stretched my stomach back out and that I will never see 150lbs. Is there anyone out there that has had simular experiance, I mean having kids after RNY. I would do this surgery all over again in a heart beat and am extremely glad that I am no longer 300lbs but I'm scared I will get there again. P.S. the 150 is the high end of the suggested weight range for my height. I think the range was 135 to 150.
BamaLiz
on 12/18/04 11:16 am - Centre, AL
Topic: RE: 2 year anniversary
Ain't it wonderful Congrats to you too!!!
Ms Jean
on 11/26/04 12:29 pm - Mid, MI
Topic: RE: Happy 2 yr anniversary!
Hey Debra, Congratulations on successfully reaching your two year anniversary!! You are doing great. Jean
Ms Jean
on 11/26/04 12:10 pm - Mid, MI
Topic: RE: 2 year anniversary
Congratulations on reaching your 2 yr anniversary. I am happy to hear that you are doing so well. Good luck with the plastic surgery leg of your journey. Jean
Ms Jean
on 11/26/04 12:08 pm - Mid, MI
Topic: RE: 2 year. Ann.
Shelly, Congratulations on your two year anniversary and your accomplishments. I am sorry to hear about your difficult time over the past two years but happy that you are with your family for the holiday. Take care-- Jean
Ms Jean
on 11/26/04 12:04 pm - Mid, MI
Topic: RE: TWO YEARS!
Happy anniversary to your Julie. I am happy to hear that you are doing well. Wow--you have done the tummy tuck-- congrats on your new flat tummy. I would like to get a breast lift in the next few years. I struggle with keeping the weight off and would like to lose a few more pounds. Too much will never be a problem with me. Take care-- jean
Ms Jean
on 11/26/04 11:43 am - Mid, MI
Topic: RE: Happy Thanksgiving & anniversary
Thanks Amy. Tomorrow is such a beautiful word. I plan to go to a double workout tomorrow to attone for my sins of today. Happy anniversary to you too. Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 529 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1063 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 639 views