Recent Posts

tayres2003
on 3/20/13 11:24 am
Topic: RE: Had a baby now can't lose weight

Hello,

I am in the same situation. I was 298 when I had my gastric bypass in 2003. I was 128 in 2007 when I got pregnant. It is now 2013 an I weigh 167, no matter how hard I want to get back to a happy, healthy life, I just can't do it. 

If anyone can, please help me. I'm lost!

BeckyAnderson
on 11/1/08 4:07 am
Topic: RE: Hi I had surgery 5 y...
I am also out 5 + years along with 2 of my very good friends.  We are all struggling with weight gain and decided to meet weekly to try to help each other to get back on track.  We are looking to find some information to help us get motivated and to use our "smaller pouch" to our benefit.  Can anyone out there help with suggestions, helpful articles, Dr advice, etc?  Stress has also been a big factor for each of us.  We noticed that once we lost the weight, and the compliments excitment of the changes became less and less, the real world came back, along with the stress.  If anyone out there has some ideas on getting back to the basics, please let us know.  What are others doing that have gained it back but lost it again. 
sweetminnee81
on 7/6/08 6:37 am
Topic: RE: over a year!!
hi erin u lost alot of weight im 27 years old weight about 300 something and im think about getting the lap band how it doing for u
Frankie Lee
on 1/31/08 11:39 am - WI
Topic: RE: Hi I had surgery 5 y...
...congradulations, you only gained back 20 lbs in 5 years...thats not a bad deal...coulda been more...be encouraged and thankful that you are a more healthy person...work your stress off by cardio kickboxing or jump roping or karate...some sort of AGGRESSIVE cardio activity...go back to basics for a while...theres a 5dayplan on this site somewhere...go to the main wls grad board...peace and blessings...
suzann_1_abers
on 1/28/08 10:01 am - Alexandria, MN
Topic: Hi I had surgery 5 y...
Hi I had surgery 5 years ago and have recently gained back 20 pounds because of stress but other than this I,m so glad that the extra weight is off. If anyone could help with anything I,d greatly apprciate a friend to talk to.
jnipooh
on 8/24/06 12:55 pm - Connellsville, PA
Hi Dawn, I am having the exact same problem. I was 8 pounds short of my preop weight. I lost over 100 post op. Now I have only lost 32 pounds. That was 3 months ago. It seems as though it will never come off. I am doing everything like we should. If you know of any suggestions please pass them on. jnipooh
rose2rose
on 7/23/06 9:45 am - Adams, MA
Topic: RE: GAINING BACK THE WEIGHT ?
I too find that I crave sugar. Especially chocolate. I always loved deserts with cream and especially ice cream but was never really a candy eater. In have gained back about 30 lbs over the last 2 years. I was lactose intolerant for 2 years but now find that I can have milk and ice cream in moderation (except for Friendly's for some reason, that still makes me very sick) I no longer get sick when I overeat and sometimes wish that I did. It was a great deterent not to over eat. I actually lost more weight than I wanted to originally and got really nervous because I kept losing. Now I need to eat less. I would like to lose about 10 or 15 lbs but am still only a size 10 so that's not bad since I was a 28/30. Best of luck to you and be patient.
Debbie_in_GA
on 7/10/06 1:04 pm - commerce, Albania
Topic: RE: Anyone Else?
Debbie (Witcher) Durham email: [email protected] I hope things are going well. Debbie
Lauren R.
on 4/14/06 4:43 am - Fort Fairfield, ME
Hi Dawn, My baby is 8mos old and ....I'm wondering all the same things you are. HOW ...do I get back on track. I was starting to think of myself as a helpless case, it's pitiful, WHY can't I do this right and lose the weight?!?! I know I have to do this myself, but I'm open to eny suggestions as well! Good Luck and pass on any good info you may come across! Lauren
Dawn D.
on 6/9/05 7:48 am - West Sussex, UK
Topic: Had a baby now can't lose weight
Hi all, I have a baby a year ago, changed jobs and am now struggling to lose weight. I was 330lb am now 252lb had lost nearly 100lb by the time I got pregnant. How do I get back on track again?! Need help please.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 782 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 541 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views