Recent Posts

valleri M.
on 6/7/03 12:32 pm - kingston, nh
Topic: RE: What is everyone eating now days?
lobster and lots of it ... i eat a tail , of course it takes me all day but i like to snack on and it has lots of good protein and hey what could be better. i still have a protein shake or bar once a day usually and i find that really nothing bothers me except fried food i dont even attempt it . i learned after the first couple of times .. i eat lots of shrimp too the ****tail kind no butter just cold
Kristen S.
on 6/1/03 2:08 pm - Colchester, VT
Topic: RE: I DONE IT!!!
Congrats, Sarah, on having your surgery. It is amazing that for 28 years I regretted almost every decision I made, but having decided to have RNY was the best decision I ever made and I absolutely do not regret it for a second. Good luck, girl!
Kristen S.
on 6/1/03 2:05 pm - Colchester, VT
I, too, drink at least one protein drink a day, plus my vitamins and my calcium citrate. For food, I have found that everything I make tastes like crap. So, I eat a lot of finger/cold food. Lots of cheese and lunchmeat, cottage cheese, nuts, beef jerky, pork rinds for crunch. Recently I have started eating more fruits and veggies (try to have a green salad everyday). I try to avoid carbs. I do indulge in sugar free chocolate every once in a while. I have been really lucky in that the little sugar I have tried has not made me dump. I have also only vomitted 4 times and not at all in the last 2 months. I make myself try a new food once a week. My weakness is nachos from mexican restaurants!
Kristen S.
on 6/1/03 1:58 pm - Colchester, VT
Topic: RE: To exercise or not to exercise...
I exercise at Curves 3 days a week and walk an hour a day on the other days. I have found that I do lose as much weight when I exercise as when I do not exercise, BUT I have also noticed that I lose more inches when I am exerising. My hope is this exercising will help firm me up. Of course, like you I am 4 months post-op and do not expect to lose weight without exercising for much longer. Something else to think about, exercising now will strengthen and tone the muscles under all that fat turned flab. If/when you get a tummy tuck or any other type of plastic surgery your results will look that much better if you had exercised.
june22
on 5/29/03 3:54 pm - concord, NC
Topic: RE: To exercise or not to exercise...
I know exactly what you mean. I think the purpose of exercise is to get you into the habit for after the "honeymoon" period of 6 months. I was recently told that cardovascular (not sure about the spelling) exercise helps you lose fat faster. I am going to give it a try this week. Will let you know. I do have weeks that I exercise like crazy and lose my usual 2 lbs. Then weeks I don't have that much time and still lose 2 lbs. I will keep up the exercise just in case. When I do exercise I feel better. That is good enough reason to continue. junebug
june22
on 5/29/03 3:48 pm - concord, NC
I am 5 month post op. My day usually starts with a protein shake. For lunch I have a salad with Chicken. My favorite are the ones at Wendy's. Or I go with a girlfriend to a chinese resturant. There I usually have chicken and rice soup. When I get home from work I have to snack. Either peanut butter on graham crackers (2 crackers) or frozen banana. Dinner is what ever the family is having modified for me. Example homemade soup that I remove all the fat from or spaghetti made with whole wheat noodles and sauce. I really don't count calories. I do try to stick to low calorie low fat whenever possible. At 5 months I still can't tolerate anything fried or sweet. I now live each day as a way of life, not as a diet. If I get hungry I eat. Always making sure to get protein in first. If I do eat extra, I exercise a little more. Lost 100 lbs so far. I can live this way. junebug
Princess03
on 5/29/03 11:49 am - Gulfport, MS
Topic: I DONE IT!!!
I THANK GOD FOR ME HAVING MY SURGERY.
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
eaamc
on 5/28/03 5:48 am - Minneapolis, MN
Topic: To exercise or not to exercise...
Me again! Okay, curiosity has got me here...I know we all lose at different rates, but do any of you work your butt off and still lose slowly...or sit at a desk all day, and the couch all night, and are seeing great results? I do exercise, and usually see good results....however, I have noticed that if I don't exercise for a week that I lose just as much...or even more! I know that exercise has other benefits...no lectures please....but it's hard not to think that I am working my butt off for nothing. Would like to hear others experiences/input.
eaamc
on 5/28/03 5:42 am - Minneapolis, MN
Topic: What is everyone eating now days?
Just thought is would be interesting/fun to see what everyone is eating...amount, variety, etc. I still struggle with food. Nothing ever sounds good, or tastes good for that matter. Although, I think my hunger is starting to come back. It's hard to tell, because pre-op I used to get so hungry I thought my stomach was going to eat me from the inside out! Now, it's just this faint, strange, reoccuring, 'twinge'. When I do eat, I mainly stick to protein - about 90% of the time. I also drink 1-2 protein drinks a day. I, unfortunately...or should I say fortunately, dump on just about anything (or so it seems), so I tend to play it pretty safe and don't 'experiment' too much.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views