Recent Posts

june22
on 6/26/03 9:16 am - concord, NC
Topic: Average weekly weight loss
I was wondering what other people who had surgery when I did (1-3-03) are losing on an weekly average. I am only losing about 2 lbs per week now. Have been losing 2 lbs a week for about 6 weeks now. I do exercise regularly (5 times a week--3 days cardiovasular and 4 days with weights). I have been eating only 3 times a day. I felt I lost control eating more often. I have increased my meals to 5 a day hoping this will help. I am not happy eating all the time, but my nutritionist said it would help. I do fairly well with water. I get in on the average 64 ozs a day. I don't eat sweets or any fried foods. I have started a food diary to see how many calories I take in. What is your average weekly weight loss? What are your eating habits? How many meals? How much water? How much exercise? I would appreciate any answers. I really want to make the most of "tool". If you don't want to post your response you may email me at [email protected] Thank you
june22
on 6/26/03 9:06 am - concord, NC
Topic: RE: What are the most dramatic differences in your life since the surgery?
I guess the most change in myself is my self esteem. I always had low self esteem. If I couldn't control something as simple as what I put in my mouth, how could I do anything. Now I get a little to hyped up. I actually speak to people first, even ones I don't know. I dress to the T everyday. I tan, wear jewerly and even iron my work clothes. I like to wear nice clothes. People who know me say I really have changed. If they only knew how much I keep my "new" attitude under control. If I didn't--I would do cart wheels in the grocery store asiles. I have changed jobs, and even going on an interview tomorrow for an even more responsible challenge job. Only difference, if I don't get it--so what I have plan b. One of the biggest changes in my attitude is I like to be noticed. Before I did anything to keep from being noticed. Now it's WATCH OUT WORLD I am making up for lost time.
june22
on 6/26/03 8:54 am - concord, NC
Topic: RE: Am I the only one?
I know exactly what you mean. My husband says I am smaller now than when we got married 23 years ago. I don't think so. I do feel better. I started out at 326 now at 219 I wonder when this feeling will stop. If I lost down to 150 ( a weight I haven't been in 30 years) will I be happy. I am actually tired of trying to lose that one more lb. I don't mind the food and exercise. I just hate being tied up in numbers. If I could do surgery again tomorrow and be garantueed I will reach my goal in one month, I would do it. I want to be there, but will I be happy there? At 326 I thought I looked like I do now. I never really saw myself as big.
Donna T.
on 6/26/03 4:06 am - Joliet, IL
Topic: RE: What are the most dramatic differences in your life since the surgery?
Paul, My life has turned completely upside down since my surgery on January 23rd. I am down 113 lbs and I now go out and have fun. I am divorcing and I know part of the divorce is because he feels threatened by the "new me" and I don't want to sit around anymore and watch tv. I am growing my hair now, since I don't sweat so much I can wear it on my neck and I have found a huge interest in many hobbies I never before had, including exersize! I wear makeup and dress nicely for work and maybe a bit provocatively for fun! My attitude has changed so much and I love life now. Nothing gets me down!!
Jacquelin W.
on 6/24/03 12:40 pm - Wichita Falls, Tx
NO, you are not the only one. I had surgery (Open RNY) January 13, 03. I have lost over 70 pounds. The scales say I have, I have gone from a 26-28 to a size 16 in pants and I still a very fat woman when I look in the mirrow. I have trouble buying clothes because I still try to buy larger than what I need. People tell me I am looking so much better and healthier, but I still feel like they mean "you are still really fat". I will be glad when my mind catches up with my body!
Daphine C.
on 6/23/03 3:57 am - Motgomery, AL
No, you're not the only one. I, too, realize that I have lost almost 70 since January but when I look in the mirror (most times but not all the time) I still see myself as being 272 pounds and not somewhere around 200 (I haven't really weighed in 2 1/2 months, so I am not sure what weight loss I am at). I mean, I see it in my clothes and I do realize that I am beginning to wear clothing sizes that I haven't even dared fit into before but I still myself as REALLY BIG and not as getting thinner. I supposed that when I reach my goal weight that is when I will finally look in the mirror and go, "Wow, I have done it. This is really me!" Good luck to you and congrats on the weight loss so far! Daphine Cox (Open RNY 1/13/03)
Ellen C.
on 6/22/03 9:35 pm - NJ
Topic: RE: I AM SO EXCITED!!!
CONGRATS to us losers... I had my surgery 1/7/03 in Morristown with Dr. Bertha.. and as of this morning I am down 103 lbs. I just can't believe it. Miracles do happen. I too am looking forward to the summer, It it ever gets here, I am sick of rain!! Have a great day all
eaamc
on 6/21/03 3:06 am - Minneapolis, MN
Topic: Am I the only one?
Everyone posts all of these wonderul messages about how great their doing and how they can't beleive how good, thin, wonderful they look and feel....am I the only one who still sees a 'smaller' FAT person when they look in the mirror? I mean, I know I am getting smaller...but my mind just doesn't seem to want to catch up with my body. I find it especially difficult to find something to wear when we are going to go see friends or family because I think everything still makes me look fat! Am I crazy? I do feel much better in general, and I know I am much healthier...I guess I'm just not crazy about the reflection I see in the mirror. RNY 1/31 274/196/150
eaamc
on 6/21/03 3:01 am - Minneapolis, MN
Topic: RE: Achieving another goal!
Congrats on your wonderful accomplishment!
bevon9602
on 6/20/03 7:29 am - Temple, TX
Topic: Achieving another goal!
I am finally in the century club! 103 pounds down in 5 months what a trip! But so much more important is how wonderful I feel!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views