Recent Posts

cinnamongirl
on 1/2/05 2:33 am - Easton, PA
Topic: Happy Re-Birthday at 2 years out .... "We Did It..Hoo-ray !!!!!!"
Happy 2nd annivesary to all my fellow WLS brothers and sisters who made a change in their lives on this date. Going into things I was still somewhat skeptical because nothing else that I ever tried worked and in the back of my mind I didn't really "believe" that this would either . Here I am 2 years out and I've lost 145 lbs and I now wear a size 10-11....it worked and I did it ! Finally after so many years of failure , I did it . We all did it and look at us now , we're doing the things that we could only dream of before. We're shopping for juniors size clothing , running , biking, swimming, enjoying the rides at the parks , eating like normal people do, learning to love ourselves for the first time in our lives , we're able to look in the mirror and see a beautiful image looking back at us , and our self esteem that once was non-exsistent has returned and has "soared up to the heavens !" " We did it and it's not a dream that we have to awaken from ..........we did it and we're so proud of what we've become. Shine on brothers and sisters , it's our day today and we deserve to "SHINE". Keep up the great job and God Bless us all ! !
consuelo2663
on 12/3/04 3:47 am - ORLANDO, FL
Topic: RE: Are you still losing at almost 2 years out?:-s
MY TWO YEAR ANIVERSARY IS ON 01/15/05, I WEIGHED 241 LB MY HEIGHT IS 5'2 WHEN I HAD MY SURGERY. I HAD LOST 116LBS. I JUST HAD MY TUMMY TUCK ON 09/07/04 AND LOST ANOTHER 5 LB. I WEIGH 120 LBS NOW AND DONT WANT TO LOSE ANYMORE. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I CAN SAY I AM TOO SKINNY.
consuelo2663
on 12/3/04 3:44 am - ORLANDO, FL
Topic: TWO YEAR ANIVERSARY
I CANT BELIEVE IT , ON 01/15/05 IT WILL BE TWO YEARS SINCE MY GASTRIC BY PASS SURGERY. I FEEL GREAT AND OF COURSE I LOOK GREAT. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER BE A SIZE FOUR. I HAD MY TUMMY TUCK ON 09/07/04 AND ITS LOOKS GREAT. GOD BLESS DR MURR AND DR BADDOURA YOU HAVE CREATIVE A NEW ME. YOUR ARE BOTH MY ANGELS
fatloser
on 12/1/04 2:26 pm - Fort Worth, tx
Topic: Are you still losing at almost 2 years out?:-s
Hello all you same timers. I am losing maybe 2lbs a month now. I still have 38lbs. to go to be at my goal of 130lbs. Anyone else out there that STILL hasn't reached goal yet? I have lost 130lbs. so far. I am 5"3. I would love to here from you on your progress. Also I would like to know if you've had a tummy tuck etc. I am looking into it. Take Care
Christine F.
on 10/7/04 2:26 am - Bay Shore, NY
Topic: RE: 20 months
Hi Sheryl, I pretty much eat anything I want to. I still avoid bread, pasta, potatoes and rice. Junk food is scarce in my diet. For snacking (and I love to snack) I eat soy crisps, just the cheese snacks, glennys big crunch bars and adkins bars. Thats my new chocolate. I drink a minimum of 1 - 30 gram protein shake daily. In fact thats how I start my day, every day- no exception. I usually have a 20 gram protein achieve coffee drink in the afternoon. I get in plenty of fluids during the day usually 100 oz. or more. If I feel I didn't eat much during the day I'll have another protein drink before I go to bed at night. I also never forget my vitamins. This was a life altering event and it's up to me to maintain this new healthy lifestyle. For breakfast I'll have a cup of kashi go lean crunch cereal (no milk). mid morning snack is usually some type of cheese, 2 0z. cheddar, munster polly - o string cheese, etc. Lunch will be last nights leftovers or smart ones low carb meals, shrimp ****tail (home made) or a treat of a wrap sandwich. I always ask for a low carb wrap, most places have it. I also peel off the extra wrap. You only need a small amount to hold your sandwich together. Afternoon snack is something from the above list. Dinner is usually some type of meat or fish and vegetables. Occasionally a half of a baked potatoe. I usually have a smart ones pop for dessert. As you can see I eat pretty well. I don't really deprive myself. You're doing much better than than I am in the exercise department. After I am fully healed from the plastic surgery I plan on going back to the YMCA. Good Luck, email anytime! Chris
Sheryls
on 9/29/04 1:47 pm - Northwest Indiana
Topic: RE: 20 months
Hey, you New Yorker you What is your diet like now? I need help! I haven't lost weight for quite a while. Though I've lost almost 140# and feel (and look) wonderful, I'm not losing any more! I do get plenty of protein, drink 100 oz. of water, walk 2 miles a day, exercise 3x a week, BUT I eat more than I should! What do you eat? Sheryl 343/208
Sheryls
on 9/29/04 1:44 pm - Northwest Indiana
Topic: RE: Scheduling plastic surgery
Kristi, I don't blame you for being tired of surgeries!! But let me encourage you about having your TT. I had mine in March and an inner thigh lift in July. I had no problems with either one, though I had had MAJOR complications following my RNY. I would say that I had no pain from either surgery, just discomfort. I was so blessed with the TT that I was able to stand straight from the beginning. Many talk about having to walk bent over. I trust all will go well for you! I have lost almost 140 pounds but also have not lost for a long time. I think about losing more all the time but I think I just feel so good and look so good that I can't get motivated to do anything more about it! I do get plenty of protein supplements, drink 100 oz. of water a day and exercise every day, so maybe this is the end of my weight loss but the beginning of a new life! Sheryl 343/208
cricketke
on 9/27/04 4:06 pm - leavenworth, ks
Topic: Scheduling plastic surgery
I am working with the surgeons to schedule my tummy tuck. I have had the upper abdomen reduced already when I had multiple hernias repaired in 11/03. I have had numerous complications since original BPD. I have had 17 surgeries or surgical procedures since 01-03. I have lost 150 lbs. and still am not at goal but I am not losing any more and haven't for the last six months. I am going to have the lower skin removed now and the upper abdomen tightened a little more. Very scared.
Christine F.
on 9/10/04 11:38 pm - Bay Shore, NY
Topic: 20 months
Long Island, NY Well it's been an amazing journey. I started at 5'8" 330#. Size 28/30. Was down to 160 and holding on 9/9/04. Had a TT and BR with lift on 9/9/04. Weighed 151 on 9/10/04. Can't believe there was 9# of excess skin. Now wearing size 10 bottom and medium top. I no longer take pills for diabetes or high blood pressure. No more incontinence. Life is wonderful. I'd do it all over again in a New York minute! Chris
adiazvega
on 8/17/04 11:56 am - Plainfield, NJ
Topic: 18 months post-op
It's been an amazing journey for me. I have transformed from a size 30/312lbs. to a size 8-10/145lbs. Noone recognizes me. It's so much fun seeing people you know. They stare at you with that "I know you" look on their faces. Then as you're walking away they realize they DO know you and they're in total shock. I love it. I feel wonderful. I could use some plastic surgery but, all in due time. Right now I'm happy with how I look. I would do it all over again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views