Recent Posts

Jodi L.
on 7/20/03 3:39 am - Dover, NH
Topic: RE: 9mos post-op lost a 165lbs but still can barely eat
My first reaction is what has your doctor said about this? To be this far our from surgury and still not be able to eat? This doesn't sound normal---not that you are abnormal!!!! What helped me with nausea was low fat ritz crackers. They would settle my tummy and I didn't have to worry about toasting anthing. I hope all goes well. Jodi
Jodi L.
on 7/20/03 3:31 am - Dover, NH
Topic: RE: I'm nervous!
I can understand you frustration!! It seems like this journey takes forever. The one thing that helped my deal with the time issue was that it took me 34 years to get to the weight I was, and if it took 10 months to a year to start loosing it forever--that wasn't a bad setback. Things truly happen for a reason--you usually don't know why until after--but think of December as the beginning of the new you and your new future. Take care, Jodi
Monica E.
on 7/20/03 3:25 am - Galloway, OH
Topic: RE: A New Me!
HI Cheryl, Sounds like your doing great! Keep up the good work. Monica
Mina M.
on 7/19/03 4:35 am - Opelika, Al
Topic: I'm nervous!
I was supposed to have my surgery in August, but I changed surgeons and now I can't have my surgery until December. I know that does'nt sound like a big setback, but it feels like a HUGE let down to me---HELP!!!
Monica E.
on 7/16/03 1:26 pm - Galloway, OH
Topic: RE: Hi I had my surgery Oct 2, 2002
Hi Rose, I agree with what Bill already said. On a personal note...I know exercise is very important to loosing the fat weight and not muscle weight. (Maximize a good figure) Walking is the best and easiest exercise for me to fit in. I also had surgery on October 2, 2002. I don't weigh myself except at doctor appointments. That way I stay focused on good behaviors and not a silly number on the scale. Remember all the health reasons you choose the surgery. Love, Monica
Monica E.
on 7/16/03 1:18 pm - Galloway, OH
Topic: RE: 9mos post-op lost a 165lbs but still can barely eat
Actually pretzels are/were a great help to me. In the morning especially. It as if the stomach doesn't want anything to be in there. I found if a sucked on a pretzel and then chewed it up, waited 5 minutes and repeated with another pretzel I could usually then get in a Lite yogurt or on really bad days a serving of Sugar free Carnation made with skim milk. Hope this helps you. Monica
Monica E.
on 7/16/03 1:13 pm - Galloway, OH
Topic: RE: 9 months out life is beautiful
That's great Beverly! It's like we are getting our lives back, turning back the clock and enjoying the present more. Love, Monica
Cheryl T.
on 7/15/03 8:59 am - Memphis, TN
Topic: A New Me!
Hello All, I am doing wonderful. I could excercise more but I will continue to work on that. I started out at 337 and now I am 255. I am down "82" and loving it. I do feel that I have not lost quite as much as I should, but I will not complaine because I feel so good. I no longer have to use my CPAP machine (sleep apnea). I take no diabetes medicines anymore and I thank GOD for the opportunity to live a longer and healthier life. Until Next Time "God Bless".
Beverly B.
on 7/15/03 8:29 am - Detroit, MI
Topic: 9 months out life is beautiful
I'm very proud to say I've made it over that hill 105lbs gone for life.. Thank you BTC & The wonderful members of AMOS
Donna B.
on 7/14/03 10:09 am - Portland, Or
Topic: RE: 9 months out -- down 146 pounds (give or take)
i'm very happy for you iwas 400 lbs and i'm now down to 235. but i can't eat because of the unbearable nausea. but it's good to know somebody else is 9mos post-op and is doing great. good for you!!!!!!!!
Most Active