Recent Posts

Sabra_D
on 6/16/03 4:33 am - Roanoke, TX
Topic: RE: Hi! Everyone!
I had my surgery Oct 4, 2002 and can totally relate to your body image. I was riding bikes with my neighbor this morning and I was telling her that I still think people are looking at me and saying things like "look at the fat woman on the bicycle". I am within 14 pounds of goal but still see such a big person. When I look at recent pictures compared to before, I'm having a bit of an identity crisis. I don't know which person I don't recognize. I am getting a tummy tuck and so I don't worry too much about the belly anymore, so now I'm fussing about my thighs and arms. Geez, where's the instant gratification I wanted?!? I just focus on how hard I've worked to get here, and how great I feel these days. The negative thoughts are still there, but starting to wane a little. Congrats on your loss! Your doing marvelous.
qtalleycat68
on 6/16/03 3:27 am - Largo, FL
Topic: Had surgery 10/02/02
Hey everyone as of june 12th i have lost a total of 164 pounds and am doing great i still have 131 pounds to go but i know it will happen. Just had to share life is just getting better and better. allison
DEBRA F.
on 6/15/03 3:26 am - Topsham, ME
Topic: Hi! Everyone!
I had my surgery on Oct. 10, 2002. I have lost 119lbs. and feel fantastic! Having a real problem with body image. My mind has not caught up with all the changes. I have confidence this will work it self out. Has anyone else felt the same way? And if so how are you coping? Congradulations fellow Oct. patients!
Michelle O.
on 6/13/03 11:56 am - New Castle, DE
Topic: RE: October 2002 Baby
Hlello there! My name is Michelle and my surgery date was 10/16/02, a date that will I will never forget because it was the day my life changed forever. I have lost 90lbs to date and still have a bit more to go but now I know that I can do it and each day brings me closer to where I want to be.
Stacy N.
on 6/10/03 5:47 pm - Jonesboro, Ar
Topic: RE: Hi all
I know what you mean about needing to get on a exercise routine.But its amazing at things I can do now that I couldn't do before.It has been since Oct 2002 for me too.I have lost 101 lbs and need to lose about 50 more.I have so much more energy and feel alot better physically,mentally,and spiritually.On the subject of watermelon.I eat it,just becareful not to swallow the seeds.Watermelon mostly consist of water anyway.I also eat,bananna's,cantalope,green grapes,and granny smith green apples. Well,I hope all continues to go well.Lots of luck to you. God Bless ! Stacy Oct.7,2002/down 102lbs lost
Cookie G.
on 6/9/03 8:58 am - Aquone, NC
Topic: Oldie That Feels Younger Everyday!
Hi, I'm an oldie that feels younger everyday. I was 60 when I had surgery on Oct. 1. 2002 and am happy to say I had no problems at all. I just wish I had surgery years ago, but then again maybe it wouldn't be as good as it is today. I'm now 8 months out and have loss officially 79 pounds, (Unofficially 95, loss, 16 2 weeks before surgery) was size 24/26 now 16/14W. I started at 275 so I'm now under 200. Good for me. Since I live in the extreme Westrn NC, I had my surgery in Atlanta, Ga. with Dr. Champion, loved the doctor and the hospital. I attend a support group in Ashville NC. Hiking in the mountains just gets better and better.
Want2bslim
on 5/28/03 1:48 pm - Montgomery, AL
Topic: RE: Another October person
OMG, I feel the same way!!!! I have been on vacation all week, with plans of sleeping late and being a slug. It hasn't happened, and I feel like I need to go back to work to get some rest!!
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
S Mo
on 5/28/03 7:18 am - Over Yonder, near God's Country, MN
Topic: Another October person
Has anyone else found that while we love what we've done, we miss the "old" days? I miss sleeping til noon. I miss being a slug. My body refuses to sleep past 7:30 in the morning. My body wants to run, and jump and play and move and my head is trying to figure out what went wrong? When did my body defy me? Was it because I lost 104 pounds and counting? Is it because I no longer live my life in a shell or a bubble made of food? Will my head ever give in to the demands of my body? ;) Sure is nice of my body to give me back a life, though, I gotta tell ya. October 4, 2002 ... -104 and counting... Love you all ... Peace @}----------Shanna
Want2bslim
on 5/27/03 2:40 pm - Montgomery, AL
Topic: RE: Hi all
Hi, Beth! I need to be more consistent with exercise, too. I lose much better when I'm exercising, and feel better, too. I think eating watermelon is fine. Sure does taste good!!!
Most Active