Recent Posts

cindi N.
on 5/15/05 5:11 am - Rochester, NY
Topic: RE: Re: Gaining weight back after 2 years.............Help!
Laura, I had my surgery back in 2001...had the TT, arm lift. Felt great and then began to gain too. In January I was back up to 187 and I got scared with 200 around the corner. I began going to the gym 5 days a week and started the "no white stuff" diet again. I am back down 25 lbs and feel fabulous again. I think you just have to commit to yourself again to a live or die scenario. WE took drastic measures a last ditch effort to lose it. Remember the "tool" is there for you just pick it up and begin again. Keep the promise to yourself...you go girl!! Cindi
Janina S.
on 4/19/05 10:50 am - Kingsport, TN
Hi Laura, I had my surgery 10/14/02. I lost 130lbs but have gained 18 of it back and feel so sick to my stomach about it. I try to eat sensibly and cant eat a lot of sugar still. But it seems that unless I "just dont eat" I cant lose a pound. I STILL weigh myself several times a week. I think that I will always be obsessed with my weight. I had to go out and buy size 12 jeans, when I had been wearing size 8. I feel for you and hope that you are able to find peace with yourself, as I should.
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/05 8:08 am - Sacramento, CA
I'm 2yrs out as well and I still monitor the scale very VERY closely. I dont stress over a few pounds (water weight, menstrual cycle etc), but when I see that same few pounds sticking around, I watch what I'm eating more carefully. The first year, I was able to stay below 118lbs without doing anything at all. The second year out, I have had to be a lot more careful. I've set a reasonable maintenance range for myself. I am comfy at my current weight of 115lbs however I'll allow myself up to 125lbs. I will admit I havent let it get that far before I back off on the eating. I also noticed that I tend to carry a few extra pounds during the winter versus my weight during the rest of the year. I attribute this to being a LOT more physically active during the warmer months of the year (extra activities with family outside of the normal workouts).
Laura H.
on 3/9/05 2:09 pm - GulfBreeze, FL
Thank you so much for writing me. It is helpful to know that i'm not alone and that maybe most postops go through this. Last night we had a death in the family and now we have to fly up to Pittsburgh and i'm very nervous because i haven't seen any of the family up there since my surgery. I'm afraid to eat anything in front of people who know i've had the surgery but have never seen me "eat" yet. And all people in the north know how to eat and at funerals there is food everywhere. Maybe i'll try to waterlog myself and that may help me not pick as much. People think that we can only eat 2 oz. still. I think on average i eat 4-5oz a meal.....does that sound like where your at? and do you exercise daily? I would love to chat online sometime if your interested, let me know. Thanks again and hope to talk with you soon. Laura
Angela B.
on 3/9/05 5:58 am - Topsham, Me
Hi Laura Im sorry to hear about your weight gain.. I had surgery 10/25/02 and i've lost 147 pounds (I was 305 and im 158 now) and i am obsessed with my weight its driving my family crazy i am so afraid of gaining i weight myself everyday and if im up a few pounds (bloating or just normal) i beat myself up over it and i have found myself thinking about doing the same thing you've suggested Starvation.. Right now i'm up 8 pounds in a few days and my eating habits haven't changed and i am so depressed about it my husband keeps telling me its jus****er weight and not to worry about it but it scares the hell out of me.. and he is probably right because this has happened before and its fallen right off in a couple of days but i keep thinking what if this time its no****er weight.. Im scared and i am my own worse critic.. i guess im not much help. im just as bad if not worse but i want you to know that you'r not alone..
Laura H.
on 3/4/05 2:08 pm - GulfBreeze, FL
Topic: Re: Gaining weight back after 2 years.............Help!
I need some advice and fast. I am 2 years and 5 months postop (10/02) and i lost a total of 130#. That put me at 132#. Now i'm back up to 152# and scared to death. I can't wear my 8's or 10's anymore and i am starting to feel "fat" again. I start each day telling myself "I am going to watch what I eat, and exercise" but by Noon, i find myself "grazing" all morning through work, and then eat lunch, more more than I should I'm sure, and then I eat on the way home and then have dinner.....and it goes on and on like that. I know I need to NOT graze and Not eat in the car and Not eat while I read and watch TV or play on the computer but its like I HAVE to do it.....and i'm sneeking again, candy and sweets so i won't disappoint my kids and husband. Am I the only one that has this problem or is there someone out there that can give me some tips or advice. I'm so mad at myself. I almost died with my surgery, put myself through all that and my family through it, and i'm going to gain it all back? Maybe I need to not eat for a week or so.....just liquids..i'm sorry, i'm rambling because i'm scared and i've never actually put it into words like this. HELP!!!
Laura H.
on 3/4/05 2:00 pm - GulfBreeze, FL
Topic: RE: I'm sooooooooooo depressed
Stephanie- Don't give up hope and you don't have to stop coming to the web site. For all sense and purposes your surgery has been a success..you've lost 144# (probably more by now!). I haven't been on this site in about 1 1/2 years. I had my surgery in Oct. 02 and i lost a total of 130#, putting me at goal at 132#. Now I weigh 152# and i guess i'm feeling a little depressed myself because i'm gaining weight and i'm scared that i can't stop it, even though i know better. My point is that maybe you (and ME) need to do something to jump start our systems again. I'd be more than happy to talk with you if want. Hang in there. Laura
Edna T.
on 2/25/05 11:02 am - Harwinton, CT
Topic: it?s either do the surgery or die from being over weight?
I find it very amazing that these people lose their weight so fast after having this surgery. I have been trying for years to lose weight. After I had my first child at 15 years old and gained 80 lbs and never took it off and Now that I'm 39 and have six children. Thank god I cant have anymore children Haha well anyway, I feel its time for me to start taking care of myself and lose this weight or I'm not going to be here to see my children grow up. My sister dead last years from obesity and she had three young children all under 12 yrs old. She was 31 yrs old when she dead. I look at myself at 269lbs.if I don't do something I could die from being overweight. I been trying to lose weight and everything I tried doesn't work. I need help by having this surgery... I'm on your website trying to find a Doc that could help me and I could also feel comfortable with , after having my sixth baby by C-section.. my doctor send me home and my intestines fell out of my body because two of my staples broke while I was home. Holding my intestines in my hand wasn't a pretty picture, after that happened I scared to have any surgery, but it's either do or die from being over weight...
stephanie
on 1/27/05 10:58 pm - Jasper, GA
Topic: I'm sooooooooooo depressed
On May the 12 it will be two years since i had my surg. I've lost 144 pounds, My weight was 407 and now 263 and i ca'nt lose any more im so depressed. I read were everyone else has lost so much. My doctor told me when i had the surg. that he couldn't get my stomach as small as he won'ted because of the quick that did my herna surg. in 94. so maybe thats it. I was going to call him and tell him i need a revison on my rny. i dont know i guess i need to quit coming to the web site. but i enjoy the web site so muck. HElllllllllllllllp I need
Pamela H.
on 1/20/05 5:48 am - Palm Bay, FL
Topic: RE: Lost but now gaining..........
I had my surgery 10/15/2002. I weighed 256 lbs at that time although my high was 283. In august, I weighed 124 lbs which I was happy with. Others, such as my doctors and family were not. I was told I had to gain back up to a minimum of 130. I now weigh 135 and it is scaring me too because now that I have gotten use to being back on carbs and yes, junk food, I am too gaining weight. I need to get back on program but am finding it very difficult to do. As for your weight loss, I lost extremely slow. I use to get so discouraged when comparing my self to others. It took me 8 months to hit the 100 lbs lost mark. Just be patient. It will come off.
Most Active